Hidden Fates Reprint - Confirmed?

Word is going around that there will be a re-release of the tins (Charizard/Raichu/Gyarados GX).

Orders should be in before April 17th and tins will be shipped around May 4th.

Pretty weird move from Pokémon in my opinion, especially in these covid times.

1 Like

Yep. Tins were selling for $30+/each on eBay. That’s about to go back down.

What a shame. This set had room for a lot of collector growth, and it would’ve been FAST growth too. But Pokemon’s gotta squeeze every dollar out of everything.

1 Like

The Pokemon Company reprinting one of their most popular recent sets and not acknowledging the collector base and the secondary market whatsoever in that decision is a weird move?

I saw this coming a mile away even before the virus, but I mean thats just me. Doesnt surprise me in the least.

12 Likes

@mtajaj32, “But Pokemon’s gotta squeeze every dollar out of everything”

That’s why you dont invest on new sets haha

1 Like

Collector market doesnt matter to them for a new set, or any set. They will reprint till they cant make money off it. Smart move in my opinion

3 Likes

2 more years to go

7 Likes

I really hope they restock European product! German Hidden Fates was mostly sold out the day of release and never available again, It was madness. I don’t expect them to have the logistics to print or restock the right amount this time either though, during the pandemic.
Shining legends on the other hand was available until recently (PFM’s 3 years), a middle ground would be nice.

2 Likes

Damn that’s a shame, at least is only for the tins but still. As some others said, they just keep their trend on re printing…

Which is sad since this had the potential of being the “closest” to more collector’s oriented set.

2 Likes

Oh no *clutches pearls* E4 speculators won’t be able to make money while kids and collectors will have more access to the most popular product Pokemon has printed in years, which only released less than a year ago! The horror!!!

20 Likes

Is anyone on e4 honestly speccing on modern? :joy: Deary me.

13 Likes

not to worry, my Generations boxes will soon be worth dozens. just 1 dozen.

1 Like

I remember when I bought modern stuff… good times

1 Like

Glad I didn’t buy any sealed product as an “investment”

I did buy and open a lot of product though and it was a lot of fun

2 Likes

Sick move. Who cares. Move on.

Also, I love your profile pic @elvisoak

2 Likes

What did you expect? Hidden Fates was widely popular and people will still buy more, as long as they print it.

1 Like

@joakimstore

Every time I see it, I think it’s you. Lol.

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed the badges?

1 Like

Not shocking at all. They even still have Hidden Fates products listed on pokemoncenter.com even though it is all sold out. If they were going to discontinue the product then they would delete the listing on that site.

My guess is they’re going to overprint HF into oblivion. It will probably end up like roaring skies where you can still get the sealed product 5 years after release for close to the price it was at launch.

Yeah that was a topic of discussion during the anime. I think it was just assumed that he won the 10 badges in different locations, and if you look, only three of them are actually from known Kanto gym leaders (Boulder, Cascade, Rainbow). The running gag in the show was that he was always a step ahead of Ash, so that’s probably why.

2 Likes