Roaring Skies Reprint?

Anyone else know if this is legit?

I saw it on the ToyWiz site but it was all sold out long before I got there xD

I just received word this may be the case from my distributor. Very limited info so far.

Very strange unless its related to the actual game, right?

Wonder if they are putting it back in print or just offloading a warehouse full of product they forgot about.

1 Like

The Roaring skies is the limit!

Well I’m feeling bad for anyone that had a lot of booster boxes sitting around for some reason or a bunch of shaymin stockpiled LOL

time to sell lol

And more:
www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-ROARING-SKIES-BOOSTER-BOX-SEALED-ENGLISH-/252712750159?hash=item3ad6da8c4f:g:m8AAAOSwyQtVjg0w

And someone just bought 16 of them and sold out. Looks like this retailer was getting in 25 boxes.

I would imagine this is primarily player based. At the end of the day, that is the target audience for new sets. I remember they did something similar with Yanmega Prime when it was playable, at least that was the talk at Worlds 2011.

1 Like

I wonder how deep this reprint will go and where the roaring skies box price will be at in 12 and 24 months. It was over $300 and I sold tons of lots of 36 loose (unsearched) packs at $180-$200 each. I am glad I sold my last one a few days ago and don’t accept returns…

RIP all the ebayers who see boxes at 99 and think they are getting a steal not knowing about the re-print.

RIP that seller about to be inundated with returns and order cancellations in the next week.

Does that mean that $99 is an inflated retail price for this “re-stocking”?

Think hes referring to the buyers who see this as an opportunity for flip for double value putting in a return claim once they find out.

1 Like

What a strange situation…

1 Like

Ahh, makes sense. But it seems like these are going pretty quick. If this is a 1 and done scenario then it may not deflate the market fully.

I have no knowledge of how limited this reprint is nor how long it will last. I am trying to get this info as we speak, but haven’t yet. All I know is that I was able to order a few cases so far myself at the normal booster box rate. That seller is selling pre sale sun/moon at $85 right now, so if this is an unlimited type reprint for the next 6 months or so, then yeah the $99 is expensive. If it is a 1 day order window and only a few hundred cases are sold, it may be quite cheap.

The return comment was more on the fact that almost any sane individual with $100 to spend would have bought these a week or two ago at that price. Once the news fully comes out and the market reacts, many folks that would want to buy a $300 item at $100 will realize they bought a ~$90 or $120 item at $100 and want to return it.

Originally they had a ton for sale, now it looks like 24 and its gone. Maybe small run?

A little scary too. Any precedent for this having happened? “Unlimited” sets sound a little scarier now if you are sitting on older “out of print” boxes.

Wow mvp sold out of the 24 boxes they put up.