Primal Clash Re-Release

Welcome to part two in Pokemon’s NEW Re-Release saga. Primal Clash is officially be released again in limited quantities, just as Roaring Skies was.

Are you overjoyed?
Are you pissed?

Tell me why my collectibles will be worthless and/or unaffected here.

7 Likes

Wow seriously? Can’t say I care very much one way or the other but I will certainly enjoy seeing people’s reactions lol.

Link to announcement?

I feel bad for English collectors if this is true

2 Likes

What about English collectors with heavy exposure to WOTC? i think they might feel bad for Japanese collectors…

I don’t know that they’ve made a formal announcement yet but distributors have started contacting stores and stores have started taking pre-orders.

Every distributor has them available right now.

southernhobby.com/search-results-gallery?name=primal+clash&desc=&releaseStartDate=&releaseEndDate=&orderDueStartDate=&orderDueEndDate=&productType=3&category=0&subcategory=0&subSubcategory=0&subSubSubcategory=0&isAvailable=False&search=True&solicitationDate=

Southern Hobby, for example, has reinstated the SKU for it, which is sufficient proof. :blush:

Wow, why though? I didn’t think it even had any great cards…

1 Like

If Ancient Origins gets a re-release, expect there to be no rotation in standard.

I was contacted by my supplier.

“I wasn’t sure if you’d be interested, but Pokemon is reprinting Primal Clash. Like with Roaring Skies, I don’t have too many details, but it will be regular box pricing and orders are due tomorrow. Let me know when you can if/how many you want to order.”

That’s really interesting that they said reprint. There’s significant evidence that Roaring Skies was not reprinted at all. It was just released again from original stock withheld for unknown reasons.

2 Likes

Ha ha, really? I’m actually alright with that, as I’m still missing quite a few ultra rares from Primal Clash for my sets. Hopefully this will cause a price drop so I can snag 'em for better prices then what they’re listed at now.

This is just one salesman and he could be using his own words, hard to say how relevant him using the word “reprint” is.

What evidence was there that roaring skies was not reprinted? I mean they do come out with new runs of boxes such as the mega mewtwo x and y boxes that have older packs like roaring skies and such. I always wondered if that was back stock or if they reprint for those.

Good for me since I am also missing quite a few expensive full arts. Very, very bad in all other aspects. I hope this isn’t going to be a continuing trend.

Another odd move randomly by Pokemon. I get that players want certain cards, so put them in blisters or tins. No need to reprint boxes, very very surprised at this move. Guess XY sets are not safe.

1 Like

I wonder if the packs will be mappable :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

My rep also stated that it would be a “final printing” of Primal Clash. So it seems like a reprint to me.

My understanding is that:

-They ended Roaring Skies release six months early going into Generations, suggesting stock was made but not released
-Most recent release has the same integer pattern on codes as original release
-Most recent release can be weighed (only true of the earliest RS release; fixed during RS prints)
-Cardstock matches that of pre-Fates Collide releases
-No change in copyright date

All of this suggests that the most recent wave is old stock, not new print. Whether or not this was planned obsolescence I’ll leave to the tin hatters, but reprint is highly unlikely.

2 Likes

That was my original speculation. That they found a forgotten warehouse with a bunch of pallets. Just wonder what set(s) they are going to uncover next.

3 Likes

@scratchdesk I would add lots of air quotes to that post. Hahaha

1 Like

People with the flash fire cases are probably sweating bullets haha

10 Likes