Hidden Fates, limited availability?

Maybe I missed something but it seems like at least in my area (New England) Hidden Fates had a limited release. I spoke to both big box stores, large chains, and small card shops and they all said they received very few of the Hidden Fates pin collections. Just curious, was this anyone else’s experience?

This post brought to you by forgetting they came out this weekend and then running around frantically to the stores and coming up empty.

8 Likes

The set is super hyped and only one of the many products to contain it has been released. Availability will be limited now, but once the ETBs and tins and Super Ultra Premium Give Us All Your Money Collection Boxes all show up there won’t be any problem getting product. It will be print to demand for the foreseeable future.

9 Likes

Lot’s of hype, and my understanding is that stores didn’t get as much product as they asked for. The hype should die down and like fourthstarcg said, the other products coming out soon. Should be ok…but it’s tough to find, and lots of people buying up LOTS of boxes. I managed to find 8 boxes at Walmart and snatched them all up since I hadn’t preordered.

1 Like

The hype I get but I really didn’t anticipate the limited distribution compared to other sets (at least that’s what store workers told me. Way less than they usually get with even a pin set)

I picked up 4 pin boxes at one of my local Walmarts on release night. The other two in the area were sold out, but it seems like each location only received one display of 8 boxes.

I kind of see these pin boxes as a teaser, and I think it’s too soon to believe this set will ultimately be scarce, even though the pin boxes were light on the first load.

This set is indeed extremely fun to open, and there’s so much hype that I really do believe there will enough to go around in the end. It’s just a little sad that that moment is not quite now.

2 Likes

More products of the Hidden Fates set will be release d. For example the ‘Ultra-Premium collection’. So, for now it is difficult to determine whether or not it will become scarce.

1 Like

I think it’s also important to remember that we just had the release for Unified Minds only three weeks before the Hidden Fates pin boxes showed up. A set that had the build and battle decks, booster boxes, 3 pack coin sets, elite trainer boxes, portfolio + pack set, checkout lane packs + coin set, and two theme decks. All the stores I’ve been to have a decent stock of Unified Minds. I think it’s possible that Pokemon just needs more time to ramp up production for what’s coming next.

2 Likes

The availability at release date wasnt enough to cover the Hype. As i said the release night, Hidden Fates is, by far, the most ‘‘hyped’’ set after Evolutions. The amount of chase cards on hidden fates is surreal, some cards are gorgeous and most of the people are going hard for them.

Prices for Pin boxes WILL drop as soon as ETBs hit the market after Sept.20; and single packs WILL go for less than 5U$S; mostly due to the FACT that ETBs come with 10 Boosters plus a sick promo card and many other things. (You can still get a pre-order for like U$S55 online).

1 Like

What’s this like in relation to Shining Legends? That’s the set that got me into modern. I remember the pin collections were a little scarce in the beginning, but eventually after all of the product was made available, you could buy everything online fore cheaper than it cost in store.

3 Likes

I lived both SL and HF releases, and im sure the hype with Hidden Fates started growing and growing exponentially after Ulra Shiny Gx set in Japan; ultra Shiny showed to be awesome, while a ton of people wanted it to remain Japanese exclusive (including me) there were thousands complaining for an English Release; wich ended up happening. With Shining Legends we had chase cards, for sure, the modern shinings and mewtube; with hidden fates we got plenty more!

Ultra Shiny Charizard
Ultra Shiny Bird Trio (in 3 variants as of now, 4th one coming with ETB)
Ultra Shiny Eeveelutions
Ultra Shiny Mewtwo
Gold Cards - Stadium Cards
Full Art Trainers featuring Guzma & Cynthia.
Ultra Shiny Rayquaza (from premium collection)
Ultra Shiny Gardevoir (people are paying over 35U$S for it ungraded even after a couple days of release)
Ultra Shiny Ho oh
Shiny Charmander & Charmeleon
and im, for sure, missing a couple of the chase cards.

1 Like

I’ve been scouring the internet for anything HF thats not priced to hell. So this Ultra-Premium collection that you’re talking about just started to available for preorder on Sunday/Monday in the US. I didn’t see it on any of the big tcg game sites until Monday but did see it on ebay. It was $114 on ebay, then when i woke up and refreshed the page it was $125 for the pre order lol Anyways I did my morning routing of checking all the sites to see whats new and saw this gem going for $75 and ordered 2. By the time I told others about it, it was already sold out. I think this released first in Europe so those guys already have it and from what I read, they are selling for $150 euros and pretty much impossible to find just like these HF pin boxes in the US.

The stories on the things people are doing to get these is crazy lol. Like I said, I’ve been scouring everywhere for HF stuff and I was only able to get 2 of these pins. I’m not paying $40 for these when retain is $14.99 lol. Anyways, a guy in the pokemon coummunity I belong to called his store guy to get any HF he can get his hands on, so store guy ended up calling like 40 stores and told them to send him all their HF tin boxes. With these being so scarce, he wasn’t expecting more than 10 boxes and he was going to buy them all. So when the store calls to tell him what day the shipment is coming so he can come pick up, they mention that they got 100 boxes. He runs down to the store, pays for all of them and hes going back later to pick them up. I was able to score 10 boxes from him but gonna see if I can get 2 more boxes to make it an even 12 boxes. That way I get 36 packs and I can feel like i’m opening up a HF booster box!!! :blush:

I think my search for HF is complete tho. I got 2 mew pin boxes, 2 ETBs (10 boosters on these I think) on pre order, 2 Ultra-Premium (15 boosters) pre order and my buddy hookup for 10 more mew pin boxes. Thats 86 booster packs and theres potential to get 2 pulls from these packs, not just 1. Heres hoping for one of my ultra premium boxes to contain error packs to end all error packs, all 10 cards are shiny zards…in all 15 packs!!! muuuaaahhhhhhhh!!! :blush:

2 Likes

Since I don’t play I’m just in it for art…and so I’ve bought some cheap Korean GX Ultra Shiny boxes for like $30 to tide me over. Still hoping to pull a shiny Sylveon, any language is fine.

2 Likes

Not sure how I feel about Korean boxes. From what I hear, quality wise, they are on the level of the cheap fakes and the only difference is the Korean cards are Offical Pokemon products. Not sure if true but I read somewhere that for the Korean cards, they aren’t affiliated with Pokemon and they are their own company and they just license it to make it an authentic pokemon product. Thats why the card quality is crap. This is just all stuff I read from other pokemon communities and I just buy into it all hook line and sinker so take what I say for a grain of salt. I’m no Gary from Pawn Stars that was in the game and have intimate knowledge of the behind the scenes stuff. I’m sure I’m wrong and if someone can correct me, that would be good so I’m not spouting false info.

Not sure about the card quality and reason for it but I only touch Japanese and English cards as I have a nostalgic feeling towards them. Cards in ‘newer’ languages such as Thai and/or Korean are not my cup of tea.

4 Likes

Technically Korean had a base release.

I’m extremely skeptical that this release would be a limited print run in general. My money is on the hype and demand leading to them printing it a la evolutions 2016.

how big is the set? 69 cards + how many shiny variants? This is a pretty small set…

just watched the first opening of hidden fates. cards look great! think the prices will stay fairly high because demand should be high - really nice set/many collectible and desirable cards.

I got mine from a wholesale distributor (UK) and they were only able to allocate me a meager 17% of my total pre-order.

They told me that distribution was allocated across the UK, so I am guessing the same thing happened in the US. I asked if ETB’s would be allocated as well and they told me that is likely but unconfirmed at the moment.

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if ETBs turn out to be as scarce or overpriced as collection boxes. Christmas shopping will start soon and neither collectors nor parents will want to miss out on these, so the hype will most likely continue.

One last note regarding quality. The quality control on this set is quite rubbish even in English. I pulled several stained cards which I am having to sell for less than half price despite being pack fresh (un)luckily none of them was a Shiny Charizard GX. Also, the Mewtwo pin touches the top of the promo, so they all have huge dents/whitening at the top.