The PWCC Megathread

talking about dedicated im living in thailand and put my alarm on 9:58am every monday (its monday for me when it ends sunday in the USA) lol

1 Like

Haha good for you.
The 10 am is pretty good compared to 4 at night :slight_smile:

indeed actually i go sleep at around 3:30am because i start late and work abroad but yea i understand your frustration

Not going to post every individual card, but if anyone is looking for an English Southern Islands set graded in 9’s and 10’s, there is an entire set with sequential certs on this week’s PWCC auction! There are nine 9’s and nine 10’s :sunglasses: :desert_island: :shell:

1 Like

There are 10 10’s, you forgot to count yourself :wink:

5 Likes

Well shucks :smiling_face:

3 Likes

We’ve got some fun news getting announced on Thursday publicly, but E4 exclusive, PWCC will be running a TCG specific Premier Auction for April. We’re trying to give the TCG stuff that would otherwise be buried under the sheer volume of high-end sports cards a time to shine, so we will be running a stand alone higher-end TCG auction starting the second week of April. Hoping to have a fairly even split between Magic and Pokemon, but that depends on what actually gets submitted by cutoff. All items on auction will receive the same treatment as the general Premier Auction with videos, descriptions, and marketing but the auction will have a lower minimum fee for sellers, and lower minimum bid for buyers. More details to come over the next week, but hit me up if you have any questions.

27 Likes

:upside_down_face:

$50,000

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/vault-marketplace/482991

3 Likes

The TCG premier details are live now: Premier Auction Expansion | PWCC Marketplace

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 5.27.22 PM

Auctions that extend make me stay away anyway so… Lol. I wonder how many people are put off period compared to squeezing the pennies out of those that do participate.

1 Like

Actually I can find out.

Poll for any type of extended bidding vs no extended bidding of any type. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen.

• Yes extended bidding
  • No extended bidding

0 voters

@jac2357

PWCC is referring to the bid-in feature on their platform, meaning that you would have to add a bid on an item to enter extended bidding. They aren’t taking away extended bidding.

I can’t tell if there is confusion on that point or if you are advocating for removing extended bidding as a separate point.

1 Like

Yeah it’s ok I understood what the change was. It just got me going on the whole set up overall I’m not a fan. At least it’s a step in the right direction.

Makes sense. I think a lot of the sellers (and PWCC obviously) benefit from extended bidding, so I can’t imagine that it will go away.

2 Likes

Every barrier they put up stunts organic growth. They really would do better without it imo.

1 Like

There is nothing stopping you from betting your max bid and forgetting about it. Extended bidding just stops snipes which are beneficial to buyers getting deals. There are still plenty of deals to be had on PWCC. If a good deal is what you’re concerned about then it is probably worth your time to do extended bidding. If that doesn’t interest you or your time spent, then just place a max bet.

3 Likes

It sucks all the fun out of it for me personally. If I’m the only one it’s not a prob but if I’m not then…

Except now people can just creep up your bid and leave it at the max.

At least on Ebay you could see the incremental bids doing this, now its hidden.

5 Likes

I’d be fine with these ‘features’ if they got rid of 20% BP

5 Likes