massive PWCC pokemon auction on eBay

Hi all,

PWCC just listed their largest pokemon auction to date - a whooping 500+ cards. Lots of EX Series cards all in PSA 10 gem mint.

Just curious, what is the market for these cards and what are their prices? I know this is where all the gold star cards hail from, but what about the rare and holo cards in these series? it looks like they all have pretty low populations. I personally do not collect these series, but the cards look great.

Just wanted to check with the opinions of the community on these sets and cards! I might bid on a card or two.

Thanks.

2 Likes

These are Hisokas cards. Sadly he wanted to sell his collection:(

2 Likes

Come get your blood-smirched cards here!

On the other hand, some of the rare and holo cards have a low population mainly because there’s not many of them graded in the first place, as in they’re not really coveted.

If you’re not a low population collector or if you’re not interested in one of those other cards for some obscure childhood reason, I would fend off the temptation to place a bid on them or at least check out how many of those cards are actually graded in the first place.

I would agree with the above comment. I wouldn’t bid on the regular low end holo rares unless they’re for personal collection. Bad investment.

If you want a quick idea of the value of the cards instead of looking at sold listings for each individual card, I recommend just looking at tcgplayer and sorting high to low for the sets being offered (filter near mint). Some sets there just isn’t demand for, whereas stuff like Team Rocket Returns you should bid more if you hope to win these.

In general, if it’s a legendary ex or eeveelution expect to need to bid more. If it’s golem ex… well don’t expect that one going very high.

On a different note do you feel this was a good strategy to have so many cards listed at once? I’m interested in 50+ of these cards but won’t be bidding as high on several of these because I don’t want to spend that much at once. I feel like several of these will go for dirt cheap since more of the sought after cards will get more attention.

6 Likes

I don’t think PWCC and ‘dirt cheap’ are words that go together…these are highly desirable cards being sold by the gold standard of trading card eBay sellers. Prices will be very high.

3 Likes

have to agree with @fourthstartcg. I don’t really expect any of them to go cheaper than they would be available otherwise

I don’t see how it could help, at least. If they really are overloading the market then prices would not go as high. It just depends on if they are actually overloading the market.

This is a very good point. If these were spaced over 3 or 4 different dates they would get much more.

2 Likes

I agree with this, I have to assume they could make a decent chunk more from breaking this apart into a few blocks.

To the person above who said these aren’t highly coveted, I would argue the ex series cards up for auction now are a very good spec with great potential down the road. I think the big auction can present an opportunity for some less expensive pickups on some of the holos and RH.

Wow. I hope he’s not leaving the hobby, just clearing out one collection to start another, and will still be around here. I’ve always enjoyed reading his posts.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be worried otherwise but when collector like that even forwards his precious graded Tyranitars it’s a bad sign. :sob:

1 Like

2 Likes

Quite an impressive sight on ebay!

Its like a New Years Eve Fireworks blowing its entire load!

I think he said on Instagram that he’s indeed quitting and selling his collection, focusing on other things in life…

2 Likes

it took him 6 years to complete what nobody else has done. COmplete exs in 10 from ex series and the gold stars.

People might have the gold stars in 10, but nobody has the exs and the gold stars.

I WILL THROW THINGS.

For me this is going to be real interesting to help determine depth of the PSA Pokemon collecting market,

You have hundreds of cards on auction at the same time, from a reputable collector and reputable trading house, almost all are high grade cards however not all are incredibly desirable in the hobby currently,

It’s going too be real interesting to see the sold prices and whether they reach market price expectation, another interesting point will be how many will sell outside of the current traditional collecting scene (other card collectors or just collectors in general),

These auctions could potentially bring more collectors into the hobby who maybe did not realise it’s not only Charizards that sell for pretty pennies,

Small point, On IG I have definitely noticed a lot of longer term collectors starting too either slow down, sell parts of collection or sell there entirety of their collection, if you know where too look, a lot of opportunity is becoming available in a buyers market :grin:

I could expand endlessly but would love too hear thoughts from other members of efour!

4 Likes

I’m going to make a post about my decision, pwcc whats going on and future plans.
I’ll make a separate post.

6 Likes

I definitely wanted to make this sale public and by auction. I wanted others to see where the value of these cards are. This is going to be interesting. Buckle up.

1 Like

Well, collectors do move on. I definitely am not as involved in the hobby as I once was. Not by a long shot.

I look forward to reading your post, though, and wish you the best in your new pursuits!