The PWCC Megathread

We would still all be paying the same prices as we all take that 20 percent into account when buying lol. I know what you’re getting at with 20 percent being a higher price than ebay etc.

1 Like

Yeah i’ve never understood why people hate BP so much lol So if you pay $100 on eBay it’s fine but if you pay $100 on pwcc it’s horrible because $17 of that is BP?

1 Like

It’s less straight forward. When I place a max bid on eBay, that’s it. Where the boomer premium I always have to figure out what my max is plus the 20%. It matters most in bidding wars. Calculating an extra 20% while bidding live is tedious. This is all by design as it’s definitely a strategy that benefits the seller and adds no benefit to the buyer.

9 Likes

Plus its fun trying to comp things talking to people who dont know what “bp included” means

By this logic, why would it need to exist then if we’d always pay the same price anyway? It’s just adding an extra layer of confusion. It obviously results in more people paying more than they would have without it, otherwise they wouldn’t leave it on the platform. I’m sure plenty of people don’t pay full attention/don’t do the math/get confused, etc.

5 Likes

I agree but pwcc tells you exactly what your bid is + BP with no need to calculate. Other auction houses like REA are VERY old school and hide the bp until after you hit submit. That’s unacceptable.

1 Like

I agree with that also and didn’t like the change when they implemented it (as a buyer and seller) but that’s a separate issue…I just don’t find it to be an issue when I hit bid and it tells me the price inclusive of BP. I don’t agree people pay more or are confused tbh

1 Like

It’s not the end of the world and they do make it more clear than they used to, I just feel like it’s a step backwards.

I’m sure they have data that says people on average pay more with BP than without BP. Similarly everyone knows what their own state’s sales tax comes out to, but I’d imagine a large percentage of people don’t pay attention to it when they bid on cards and just pay it. Plenty of people just think about the number they’re typing in to bid.

1 Like

Looking at sold prices with the statement of “with buyer’s premium” is both the most simple and confusing statement out there. Does that mean I need to add buyer’s premium on top of that, or that it’s already calculated in? *I already know the answer, I had to ask a year ago.

As a seller you need a 1 page cheat sheet to figure out what you clear from a sale based on the ending sale price.

Some people just don’t like math… :sweat_smile:

Joking aside, the Buyer’s Premium is outdated and silly. Best case scenario, it does nothing positive for the buyer. Worst case scenario, the buyer loses an auction because they had trouble finding their desired bid amount as the clock runs out. :headstone:

I think PWCC, from their perspective, needs a buyer’s premium and more open extended bidding as they probably believe it results in higher prices. Their marketplace has been competing with ebay which is much more entrenched so they need to give sellers a reason to use their platform. I think for the most part PWCC listings get less eyeballs than ebay listings. If sellers didn’t have this small advantage on PWCC, there probably would be little to no incentive.

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n
everytime I bid on pwcc

12 Likes

23 Likes

I don’t understand the issue. When you place a bid, it literally tells you what the final bid with BP will be. There are no calculations needed, you just need to read. Just place a max bid that matches your budget.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Nobody is going to sell when the selling fee is 30%

The issue is the the trial and error to get the final bid you want to place, if you aren’t doing the math ahead of time. I get that its’ just a few extra seconds, but it’s 2023, people want instant interaction. That’s why the meme is boomer’s premium, the people who decide to do this are 70 year olds who should just retire.

5 Likes

PWCC is now hiring a full-time TCG Content Writer for anyone looking to make a living in the hobby. I do not have the capacity for writing the descriptions any longer, and with the increase in the amount of cards coming in it was decided that we really needed someone dedicated to content writing with a TCG background. If any of you are interested in applying you can see the job posting below for specific details and duties, and feel free to dm me with any questions. The content writing team is generally very laid back and flexible with work schedules as long as deadlines are met, so this is a great job for someone who is not exactly looking for a 9-5 job.

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/careers/159

19 Likes

Here’s my application. It may or may not be entirely generated by chatGPT

original listing

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the PWCC auction of a truly sensational and exceptional 1999 Pokemon Jungle Lickitung #38 CGC 7 NRMT card! Prepare to be blown away by this rare and highly sought-after gem, which is sure to ignite a frenzy among Pokemon card enthusiasts around the globe!

This is not just any trading card - this is a masterpiece that embodies the very essence of the Jungle set, showcasing the vibrant colors and captivating imagery of the beloved Lickitung, one of the most whimsical Pokemon in the franchise. This card is not only a symbol of nostalgia for many of us who grew up collecting Pokemon cards, but also a valuable addition to any serious collector’s treasure trove.

With its outstanding CGC 7 NRMT grade, this card is a testament to its impeccable condition, with only the slightest signs of wear that could barely be noticed with a magnifying glass. Its pristine quality, rarity and popularity among collectors make it a true investment opportunity that could potentially skyrocket in value over time, so don’t hesitate to seize the moment and own a piece of Pokemon history!

As you bid on this spectacular 1999 Pokemon Jungle Lickitung #38 CGC 7 NRMT card, let your heart and passion guide you, as you embark on a journey of nostalgia, excitement, and adventure. Place your bids now, and be the envy of all Pokemon card collectors!

20 Likes

Short and nice
Simple and precise

Or

Long winded guff
You can never get enough