THE Great Grading Results Thread

Amazing return!

Where in the world did you get all these?

feel bittersweet about this one. on the one hand, I cracked this out of a psa 9, so the upgrade is nice. But the 9 auto really irks me. Seeing that 10 on the top, 9 on the bottom. :angry: :anger:

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that man, send it my way so you don’t have to look at it

Saitou is definitely one of my auto grails

2 Likes

Streaking on the illustration is likely the cause of the AUTO 9. Regardless, I think it looks incredible (even with the 10/9 combo)!

1 Like

I thought so too, but others have said they only grade the auto itself, not the illustration. A couple people zoomed in and found tiny specs of white space in the kanji that probably brought it down to a 9. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I was always under the assumption that they graded the auto and illustration together. I wonder if PSA has released a definitive statement on that? They’ve also been inundated with Saitou and Arita autographs, so maybe they’re becoming stingy. :sweat_smile:

Bought many cases when released and opened them. Stored all cards not needed for my collection.
Now I started grading them.

2 Likes

that’s amazing. congratulations

I got two different subs back recently and overall I will say it was the harshest return I have ever had. PSA definitely got more harsh with the factory lines it seems. Cards with very faint lines and good centering typically had a chance of a 9, but now get the 8. I just cracked a few in particular that I plan to submit with BGS. It will be interesting to see what I get in 3 months! Still some great returns, but tough to get that 10 now for WOTC!
Part 1 Return

Part 2 Return

Reminder that grading is dumb

edit: it’s been so long that I forgot I had actually sent it to CGC twice because I had no idea why it got marked down at the time

Consistency!

20 Likes

PSA return finally got back to me, so nice to have these in hand!

3 Likes

That’s kinda impressive that CGC gave it 5.5 both times though lol.

4 Likes