THE Great Grading Results Thread

Agreed. As I was typing my question, I realized that the Holo scratches are only visible with certain angles, and there is no way you can possibly prepare for a scenario like this. As someone who is inept when it comes to judging card condition on such a meticulous level, I can relate to the frustration and disappointment. Not to mention the loss of time, energy and even money. However I believe all things happen for a reason and I sincerely hope there is a positive spin for you at the end of all this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers!

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that man. I have a few of my own cards that got damaged by psa too. Now everytime when I send my cards to them for grading, I have to cross my fingers and pray hard.

I have no evidence or anything but I think since psa handles much higher volume now, it is inevitable that the occurrences of damaged cards goes up. Well, nothing we can do.

1 Like

did pretty bad on these, I only sent my mintest arceuses and the alakazam was off center but pack fresh

happy to add these to my collection though, the start of my graded jirachi collection

2 Likes

Small return on the way back soon. Caught a few upcharges unfortunately, but it is what it is.

Might crack the unlimited Reviving Legends Scizor, really thought it had a shot at the 10.

Do you mean to tell me you got up charged on a Japanese HGSS holo?

@planetmok

2 Likes

Yep. Most recent sales are $500-$600, so it’s a fair upcharge. They have been letting the $300-$700 range slide lately though, so I was slightly surprised.

My signed Arita cards from Toronto regionals returned. No grades, only authentic but happy to share how awesome they are!

19 Likes

So nice! Congrats!

2 Likes

These look wonderful! The Charizard sketch is a great bonus.

Out of curiosity, any reason you chose not to add card condition grades? I am (hopefully) getting some cards signed by Harada in Orlando and I’m hoping to get them in some PSA slabs as well but I’m undecided on whether or not I want to add the grade of the card itself.

1 Like

Just got the grades (and the upcharge) in
breakdown of different sets, all cards were packfresh pulled myself.
No crystals, just the normal holo’s
Expedition 8 x 10, 17 x 9, 1 x 8
Aquapolis 11 x 10, 11 x 9, 2 x 8
Skyridge 24 x 10, 3 x 9.

8 Likes

It’s such a cool card. Congrats!

1 Like

Well done, you got a good grader. I assume you didnt mix wotc with modern.

this submission was( 1 modern reverse Wynaut unified minds) and all others holo’s expedition, aquapolis and skyridge. entered on 27 dec and today I got the grades, which is very very fast.

I have another one at PSA with only reverses skyridge. Also packfresh.

pretty happy with the results.

only one card I disagree is the abra skyridge . I don’t get how this an 8. (was 9.5 cgc)

3 Likes

PSA can be particularly tricky with grading a 10 for the auto depending on how much streak there is in the ink, so based on some minor streaks I decided just to go for authentic. dack (another E4 member) made a good point that having a non-10 grade would likely distract from the awesomeness of the auto itself. If you got an 8 for example you would wonder “why did that get an 8, but cool auto!” Just wanted to avoid this situation in my mind.

2 Likes

For me Skyridge gets more 10’s as Expedition and Aquapolis.
And after getting zero 10’s on my Ruby/Sapphire, Sandstorm, Dragon, TMTA submission this makes it up for those.
All card boosterfresh, pulled by me and stored for 20 years. (except the last one)

19 Likes

Huge return - congrats!

Amazing return!

Where in the world did you get all these?

feel bittersweet about this one. on the one hand, I cracked this out of a psa 9, so the upgrade is nice. But the 9 auto really irks me. Seeing that 10 on the top, 9 on the bottom. :angry: :anger:

5 Likes