The Giant Grade Estimate Thread

I picked up this Chansey recently for my Shadowless binder. I’m not planning to grade it, but would you guys say this is at least a 5 or 6 given the front surface dent/mark and whitening? The holo is actually not that bad either so I was happy to get it for what I paid.

[/img][/quote]

A psa 8 base venusaur goes for around $150 BIN. Certainly not worth submitting at the $50 tier imo but maybe in the future at a lower cost. In the future, I would recommend looking at recently sold copies of the cards you are asking about. This will give you a price range and ultimately determine at what price point it makes sense to grade if at all.

That’s a lot of whitening. If it has a dent and scratches on the holo too it’s probably a 5 max

Hi there, I’ve never submitted to psa but have some pack fresh 1st ed jungle and fossil cards that I think may be worth grading. Does a PSA 9 feel about right for the below fossil gengar? Silvering on the left front edge is quite clear though I have read different things about how much PSA takes this into account. I think the holo is scratch free.

So they are grading wotc 1st ed holos so friggin tough now…it’s not like it was 5-10 years ago. From recent personal experience, the tiniest 2 mm issue will probably get you a 9.

I actually started sending more to bgs and getting 9.5s on a lot that PSA gave 9 (cracked them and resubbed)

So 1 single issue and I’d be wary of PSA if it’s like I said wotc 1st holo…they are much more lenient with modern.

I sub hundreds PSA and bgs, so you pick up a thing or two and notice trends. To be honest when I hear peeps saying otherwise it’s usually a tell they haven’t subbed much recently or at all to PSA.

Im fine with cgc bgs PSA grading wise, they all do okay imo, they just have slightly diff tolerances for things and yea PSA is a killer now on those holos.

1 Like

A crease like this, what does that give at PSA?

You’d top out at 6; depending on other damage, you’ll go lower.

Expect a PSA 3

2 Likes

[/img][/quote]

Almost impossible to tell without slab in hand…Id crack and try regardless.

Would this be worth cracking open and resubmitting to PSA, is it likely to get an 8 again?

[/img][/quote]

Almost impossible to tell without slab in hand…Id crack and try regardless. [/quote]

Alright fair ill crack it when PSA middlemen open up again in my country and send it across

No chance at a PSA 8. Just remember this when asking if things would cross over to PSA, there is a reason the original grader submitted them to a company other than PSA. Sometimes it’s due to convenience, but often times that is not the case.

Thanks, cracking it for sure then since that grader is worthless. Is it worth me sending it to PSA at all or is it too far gone?

That is too generic of a question to ask here. It all depends on your price point to submit to PSA, and what your intention for the card is.

Price point (i use a middleman) is $20 but that may change when they reopen.

I’d like to keep it for my collection because lugia was one of my childhood favourites but if it’s not even a 7 id rather sell and buy a 7+ outright.

I’m assuming you’re not in the US, your best bet is to go to your local marketplace (eBay UK, Facebook groups, etc…) and see what PSA 6, and PSA 7 copies are selling for, then determine if at your grading price, and turnaround times it’s worth it to you, or to just sell it in it’s current case.

1 Like

Where are you based? PSA 8 Lugia Neo it’s worth around 250-300$. PSA 7 -150-210$. If you find a good middleman you will spend less than 100€ for grading it. In my opinion is not worth grading it now with PSA. Just wait PSA reopen.

Seems sensible, will check PSA 6 prices and then decide on to crack or not to crack lol

Im based in UK and sending a charizard in to grade when ludkin reopens so will send this with it. Cracking it asap though.

Moved all the Grade Estimate questions here. Feel free to use this thread for grade opinions!

11 Likes