The Giant Grade Estimate Thread

Hi!
I am looking to complete my spanish 1st edition holo set, and got offered this charizard.
I know from these pictures and videos is difficult to determine, but what could we expect from this card in your opinion. A PSA 7 - 8 at best?

imgur.com/cVW6sbr
imgur.com/URlyynl

@franmotard - its very hard to tell condition based on that picture alone. The back is important as well as closeups of the holo corners etc. Looks like some silvering/scuffing on left side?

@franmotard, I would think a PSA 6-8

Just wondering what grade to expect for this card? Hope its not against the rules it just looks like a 7 or 8 to me but will the silvering make it worse?

1 Like

Sorry if not appropriate to ask/wrong place, please redirect me if thats the case.

Thats a clean zard! If there aren’t any hidden indents or scratches I think its a safe 8.

Awesome, theres some silvering on the edges will that knock it down abit?

Would this blastoise be worth sending in?

imgur.com/a/5er3R4k[/img]

Silvering would be fine on an 8

So glad I found this forum. Need enlightening from those who’ve gone through the PSA grading song and dance. Trying to hit grades 7 or above, or will sell raw. Think this Nidoking can eek out an 7? Holo is pretty clean minus that larger scratch to the right. Some chips and grime too

PSA is harsh on the back whitening so it’s a grade 5/6 max. Not worth sending in at today’s grading fees of $50

1 Like

Imo not optimistic to 7. PSA has wildly increased how tough they are on wotc first edition holos the past 1-2 years. Just My thoughts.

I’d say that’s around a 5 with the silvering/scratch on the front, whitening + smudge on the back

For comparison I’ve had a lot of 5/6s back recently with clean fronts and less whitening on the back

Lots of micro scratches only visible with certain angles and lighting. Maybe a 5-6? Also, what’s with the holo interruption on the left?

Probably 5 at best. Every scratch can count as a ding. Holo has a lot. And the back etc.

Is this guy worth submitting? I dont think hes an impressive shiny but looks to be in ok condition?

Is it possible to score a 6 with a crease PLUS other impression marks? Is it a general understanding that any additional marks after a crease will each reduce the grade by an additional point. OR are creases the cardinal sin, and having one kinda makes indents and wrinkles somewhat more tolerable. Looking at this card, should my mindset be “literally impossible to score above a PSA 3” or “all things considered, it may be in the 3-5 range.”

Yea crease/dimple/dent sends ya to 6 atleast…with everything else I think 4 or lower…hate creases.

Look like a lotta scratches on holo, back edges some stuff not terrible, don’t forget to show pics of back wirh light on it just like holo - number 1 peeps don’t do/forgot/don’t know is to run a light on the back to look for scratches. A scratched back can make overall perfect front a 6 real quick.

Probably a 5 or 6.

Is this guy worth submitting? Looks like an 8?

i.imgur.com/POOVVbK.jpg[/img]