What PSA grade would this charizard get?

Hey everyone first post on this forum. Just bought this card and really debating on whether it would receive a 9 or 10.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-Holo-Charizard-4-102-NM-Base-Set-Holographic-Foil-Rare-Near-Mint/162975787343?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Your guess is as good as ours. The card looks good, but there’s flaws that just won’t show from pictures so until you actually receive it there’s no way to tell. The seller took a lot of pictures, but they’re not really zoomed up close or high res. Also a white background doesn’t help showing any edge wear.

I do spot some possible silvering on the bottom border, so that would probably drop the grade down to 9 even if everything else is flawless.

I think you did well, but you’re going to be disappointed if you buy mint looking raw cards online and expect to get 10s.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! That is kinda hard to tell from pictures. Looks pretty mint though except for a couple spots of silvering on the edge. Could swing either way if there isn’t any other damage.

Looks like a 9 pending the holofoil. I do see some silvering as mentioned by the user above. It the foil is scratched up it doesn’t matter how the rest of the card looks.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the one thing we don’t see on the photos. Clear shots of the holo. I have 8s that look that good but they have a couple of scratches or print lines running across the whole foil. I’m not saying that’s the case here, but it’s a possibility.

Keep us updated OP and share pics when you get the card or results if you send it to PSA. Good luck to you and welcome to efour. :blush:

I thought PSA was more lenient with the silvering when it comes to the older WOTC cards? This is what I have gathered browsing these forums.

Well it won’t kill the grade, but it can certainly be a tiebreaker. It also depends if it’s just slight silvering on the edge or actual dots on the surface of the card and such.

I think you have a good shot a 9, but it can go either way… and as low as 8, but that would be unlikely.

1 Like

Hello friend, glad your using the forum. I am new to this myself, but not new to pokemon. If possible, post more photos of your card if you have received it from the seller.

1 Like

Those pictures are awful but pictures help little anyway. It could be a 7 or a 10. In cases like this I depend on the seller. Your seller sells a lot of Pokémon so that’s a good sign. Then they say NM+(7.5?) in the title but say they see nothing wrong in the description. That’s a red flag. Lastly even we can see that damage on the front bottom left. That’s not where the foil from cutting normally appears. That plays to the sellers honesty or competence.
In short, I wouldn’t touch it with oz’s money;)

1 Like

no way a 10.

That bottom edge shimmering will detriment it a bit.

I submitted one similar shadowless pack fresh charizard, but it had that edge shimmering at the bottom. it received an 8 at psa for a pack fresh shadowless charizard.

Its just how psa goes… some days you win some, some days you lose.
Its really hit or miss.
it could swing a little higher perhaps.

1 Like

pray for a 9, expect a 7 but be happy when you get an 8.

1 Like

Well, found your topic on reddit about this card.
You tell in there this is a high possible PSA 10 and psa don’t care about silvering on wotc cards. Please don’t spread false information as noobs in there might beleave you :blush:

Some foil edging from sheet cutting is not a grade dropper. Though, as someone mentioned earlier, if a card is between grades, it could count as a tie breaker. I have seen, and own, hundreds of examples of this. You don’t find it on the corners though. Only on the edges. Corner wear that shows corner foil is a big red flag.