The Giant Deal Thread

This isn’t the 1st time seeing this card, page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p789295776 this copy was put on auction at the end of August from a different account. Only sold for around $30k, looks like it wasn’t paid for

2 Likes

PWCC Just listed a PSA 9 1st Ed Base Zard, as well as several other zards and stoise.

I am currently the high bidder at 99 cents- easier to keep an eye on the end price when it shows up in my bidding section on ebay.

Suspect I will be outbid with a 99 cent max bid :grin:

1 Like

The trophy Kangaskhan is already over 50k. I’m excited to see where it lands.

3 Likes

I’m winning the authentic tmb…max bid 2.99

Why do some sellers cover up the cert #? I originally thought it was a red flag for scam but I’ve seen some pretty legit looking sellers do it recently?

The only viable reason to do it is if you have multiples of an item and you’re using stock images. Otherwise it’s just security theater, nothing right or wrong with it, but you’ll deter some buyers.

3 Likes

I know one reason may be if it is a highly sought after card that it makes sure that no one can steal your pictures and use them for a fake sale. But I’m sure there is also a different reason I just don’t know about too.

1 Like

They can still steal your pictures.

5 Likes

Recently I did think of a reason one might cover it up. Say you’re in the process of buying a graded collection and you are buying it in pieces. You may not want other people to find out XYZ is selling the set for fear of poaching or telling them to not sell. The only reason I would consider it is because someone was contacting someone I was in the making a deal. That person was calling my friend that gave me the deal a scammer. They attempted to talk negatively about someone in order to have the deal swing their way. ZandG made a post her about how someone sent them threatening messages after being outbid. Honestly, I can see covering certs as a way to minimize such interactions.

1 Like

trophy kanga at 65k
bgs 9.5 1st ed charizard 45k
psa 9 1st ed charizard 40k
bgs 9 1st ed charizard 36k
bgs 9.5 shadowless charizard 15k
psa 10 unlimited charizard 15k

3 Likes

The real interesting thing is the rarest card in that lot (TMB) is only at $212.50

There is a good reason for doing so. Say someone graded a string of really nice cards or cards he/she doesn’t want to let anyone know (NFS or for anonimity) but wanted to only sell or show off one or two cards from that batch. That would prevent someone from searching up all the cards this person has graded and knowing what this person now owns, especially if there are scans attached to those cards on the PSA site.

We’ve done so for the extra trophies and I can imagine if the seller of those extras were to keep the barcodes, QR codes and cert numbers hidden, we would have never found out what he graded and now still owns.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input y’all. Maybe I was taking ScumbagPratte’s “tape it up and vape it up” slogan too seriously :rofl: now I know it’s not all photo-bummers

This just listed in the U.K if anyone is interested. Red Cheeks Pikachu PSA 10 1st Edition.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-1st-Edition-Pokemon-Pikachu-RED-Cheeks-PSA-10-VERY-RARE/164456093221?hash=item264a58d625:g:PMMAAOSwX~pfjBhF

magi.camp/items/866291799

This listing is increasingly frustrating to me.

In theory, it’s a 1998 (3rd Tournament) No. 1 Gold Trophy Pikachu, in its original case.

In theory, you should be able to get it for like $100k right now.

To me, relative to the rest of the market, this is an absolute bargain at this point.

But here’s the problem. I already know multiple people who have tried to contact the seller. The seller is complete unresponsive to all inquiries. And he hasn’t even posted pictures which show the entire shield of the trophy, or the back of the card for that matter.

So, perhaps it’s just not a legitimate listing. I don’t know. But if I could just snap my fingers and buy this for $100k right now I would do so in a heartbeat. Unfortunately that option isn’t available.

2 Likes

Agree… it‘s crazy that some sellers still don‘t manage to post better photos in 2020 where literally every phone has a solid camera…
Like you say, the price is a bargain if you consider prices of other trophy cards (namely khan, unikarp etc)

1 Like

A bargain relative to other trophies, an even bigger bargain relative to set cards.

I’m just waiting for like literally 2 or 3 of the countless of new people in the hobby with money right now to discover trophy cards. The supply is so small that’s all it would take to cause a stir.

That there are items on the “rarest Pokemon cards of all time master list” spreadsheet available right now for a fraction of the price of mass-printed set cards, including Base commons, is a good indicator of how right you are. (I’m talking about cards other than Pika Trophy, Khan, Unikarp obviously.) Trophies are just waiting for that level of exposure.

Just to follow-up on this thought, after speaking with some people I believe there’s reason to believe it’s a fraudulent listing. Which would explain why the seller refuses to post more pictures than what he already has and won’t respond to inquiries.

The photos are likely real, but the seller likely doesn’t own the card in the pictures.

I feel like I have seen those pictures before, I also think the person selling is not the owner of the card. I don’t have any proof, this is just a feeling

1 Like