TCG Retail Deals & Sales Thread

Instead of creating a new thread every time a booster box or collection box goes on sale for a good price, I thought it would make sense to have one big thread where we could post any deals that we come across online or in-store.

I am mainly creating this for the TCG sites (Troll & Toad, etc.), Walmart, Target and other retailers outside of eBay coupons/deals. However, flash sale booster boxes can be posted here too.

2 Likes

Kicking this thread off with this one…

www.coolstuffinc.com/p/245954

Premium Trainer’s XY Collection for $59.99 MSRP $99.99

Cheapest I’ve seen this go, tends to hover around $70-76 on Amazon recently.

1 Like

www.amazon.com/dp/B0009RNQZ0/

EX Team Rocket Returns booster packs for $39.99 with free Prime shipping, not a bad deal. They seem to go for about $45, give or take, on eBay. I bought 5 packs of Neo Discovery from the same seller in spring and pulled a holo, fyi.

I could have sworn the rocket packs were going for about double that in the past year

Nope, I think they were for a brief period but they’re ~$35-45 a pack so 40 is mkt. price

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=team%20rocket%20returns%20booster%20pack&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Speaking of a set that has shot up in price recently: ex Crystal Guardians comes to mind. I swear the last time I checked packs were $20-25 but now $45 is seemingly the norm.

1 Like

It’s because regular holo Charizard PSA 10 commanded ~$400 with the reverse bringing in ~$500 in recent auctions (and the gold stars, though it’s not like they’ve shot over the moon in price). I also think ~35 is the norm for the pack

People typically post good deals or rare cards in the giant auction thread. I don’t think it’s specified towards auctions or eBay alone.

Little bit of legwork involved but you can get a good deal on one of the big boxes from Barnes & Noble.

If you received one of their 25% off in store coupons you can apply that to the sale price (assuming they have them in stock, single item).
Alternatively you can apply 10% off additional at checkout if buying online with coupon code: LETITSNOW

Shining Legends Super-Premium Collection - as low as $42
www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-pokemon-tcg-shining-legends-super-premium-collection-featuring-ho-oh/31684402?ean=0820650803338

Premium Trainers XY Collection - as low as $52.50
www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-pokemon-tcg-premium-trainers-xy-collection/31817948?ean=0820650803376

2 Likes

stop2shop.com/pok-xy02-box.html

$210 Flashfire booster boxes

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about that site for years now. They’ve got HGSS and some DP booster packs for like $4-5 bucks but I couldn’t tell if they were safe or not.

Team Rocket packs for $12.99 for example…

1 Like

Now I’m not so sure, I hope the link I posted works. But some items show as in stock, but can’t be added to the cart, as they are unavailable

wholesalegaming.biz/pokemon/pokemonarceus3packblister/

Platinum Arceus 3 pack blisters for $15.00 - Includes 2 Arceus, 1 Mysterious Treasures and 1 promo of Darkrai or Cresselia

These have been on the site for months but I’ve always thought they were a great deal for any Diamond & Pearl collector. Packs of Arceus individually sell for a little more than $10 each, Mysterious Treasures is easily another $6-7 even if the set isn’t the best. The only reason I’ve held off on buying these is because the site seems to only ship via USPS Priority at the cheapest and I don’t feel like paying that much for only a few of these. There is some other decently priced boxes and packs that some of you may wanna combine into one purchase, will list a few down below…

Platinum Series Collection Box ($48), Rising Rivals Theme Deck Box ($54), Diamond & Pearl Poster Box ($40) and 36 loose Noble Victories boosters for $180

Has anyone purchased anything from this site then?

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJXR3N4/

GX Premium Collection Boxes (Alola starters) are $10.54 again! Shipped and sold by Amazon, MSRP $39.99!

6 packs, 3 promos, 1 oversized and 1 pin.

I haven’t ordered directly from the site, way too sketchy for me. Prices on older packs like Rocket and a bunch of HGSS sets aren’t a good indication that items are actually in stock and will ship out.

I do have one experience with the company through eBay just last month, though. The seller name is “cats-info” and the PayPal name is “Stop2Shop.com Inc”. They listed 6 copies of Lugia SL7 from Call of Legends for $8.20 each and I bought all of them. The order was cancelled the next morning with the seller saying that their inventory wasn’t correct, etc… which kinda confirms my incorrect inventory/pricing theory up there.

This is almost like the giant auction thread, just showcasing good deals I guess.
But yeah not auctions.

Not sure how Scott and admins feel about promoting businesses on here. We will see what they decide ^^

How would you define promoting businesses? If sharing links to cheap sealed product, unless you were the seller, is considered promoting businesses I would say posting a link to an eBay listing or a big retail sale on the same product is also promoting businesses.
Where does the line get drawn?

Don’t get angry at me… I’ve done the same thing as you before and got slammed for it.
I’m on your side. Let’s see what admins decide.

I was wondering the same thing myself. eBay gets money off of the auctions that we link to with the fees?

I could see if I was sending an affiliate link via Amazon or another website but this is nothing like that. Purely to help other collectors get great deals that might otherwise go unseen and missed out on.