Unlimited Base Set Booster Box

Hello all,

I’d like to start a thread on active sales for a sealed unlimited base set booster box. I know of a private sale that occurred in late September for 18k. The box was in NM condition. There are quite a few auctions on eBay that are over within the next couple of days that I’ll post the final prices!

Anymore you know of, feel free to post!

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

received offers of 20k and 21.7k within the last hour

8 Likes

Dfw Pokemon sold one for $28k a few days ago I heard.

1 Like

I believe the Logic box sale was confirmed for 25k this week.

2 Likes

I sold one last week for £19,000 ($24,500).

6 Likes

There was a 2 box sale on eBay that occurred 2 days ago that the seller told me he accepted 50k

4 Likes

Should be interesting to see how the following will be influenced:

• Base 2000 booster boxes
  • Shadowless booster boxes
  • The price of base commons and uncommons - Charmander has seen a notable increase.
1 Like

I bought unweighted 99-2000 uk base packs at 330usd each like a month ago. 1 of 4 heavy I did open contained a 99-2000 print holo (wich luckily was Blastoise) the 3 other had regular 99 holos. But
I do assume this price is already outdated.

3 Likes

Theres one on auction right now thats not in great condition and its above $24K. Bids look legit but the seller may not be:

www.ebay.com/itm/pokemon-base-set-booster-box-sealed-Unlimited/383752494435?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649

2 Likes

Yeah, those prices are outdated as of late ~

It simply begs the question when people will realise those holos are exceedingly rare, as @styluspt has always said: opening a 1999-2000 pack doesn’t guarantee you a 1999-2000 holo ~

1 Like

Definitely. Random fact: I have about 200 of the 1999-2000 base cards in my childhood collection, but not a single 1999-2000 holo. So I must have opened around 18 loose packs back then. This was in the Midwestern U.S., which might be an important factor, because I think I read somewhere on these forums that 1999-2000 packs sold in the U.S. often (maybe even exclusively) had 1999 holos.

If true, then I would expect the box prices should go as follows, cheapest to most expensive:

Base Unlimited 1999 < Base 2000 U.S. < Base 2000 U.K/Europe

I don’t know if there’s ever been a distinction in prices between the different Base 2000 variants. The boxes don’t show up very often, so that might be part of the problem too.

3 Likes

25k seems to be the new normal and still trending

uk 4th print i dont think carries much of a premium, super niche and not really much demand

2 Likes

Utterly agreed, and I recall what @pichufan once said - with bears certain similarities with what you’ve said, albeit across the North Atlantic:

In June, a non-private bidder bought a complete Base 2000 set for$1,256.39: which put it - at that time - over an average EX/NM complete unlimited and Shadowless, whilst also putting it ahead of recent sales, at that time, of non-holo 1st Edition base (17-102) at NM

2 Likes

Looks like an auction for a NM ish box sold for roughly 25.1k on eBay. Another in similar condition, has a slit in the wrap, got offers for 21k and took it down off eBay so I imagine that will be a private sale.

2 Likes

Just received an offer of 25.1k

3 Likes

just received an offer of 32k, seriously considering it.

5 Likes

At this rate, you should just hold off a week and it will be $60k lol. But actually, Base boxes have just about doubled within the past week, right? Insane

3 Likes

Assuming it’s mostly newcomers with deep pockets who are willing to pay 25k+ for UED Base, I can only wonder what will happen to Skyridge or Neo Destiny box prices once these people learn about them.

3 Likes

in a few months time I think we will see that neo was the no brainer purchase today

Pops are so low even 5% of the base set buyers going into neo would be sufficient to push it up.

and when it goes up…speculators pile in…goes up summore…

2 Likes