Unlimited Base Set Booster Box

Exactly, that’s what I asked earlier ~

Neo Discovery, Revelation, Genesis, Destiny and Skyridge should see a surge - but only if a prominent celebrity-YouTube is able to get their hands on one. I always remember what @smpratte said about Discovery: “[…] it appears that fewer Neo Discovery cards were produced than Neo Genesis.”.

Are those offers you’re getting on the same box? And is it in mint?

Reminds me of the PSA-10 1st ed. Red Cheeks Base Pikachu I sold recently. It was about 1-2k at the start of the year, but then it started selling for 4k all of a sudden. And while I was investigating how to ship insured from my country worldwide and the best course of action to auction/sell it, it doubled again to 8k two weeks later. I ended up selling it for 7.5k. Pretty crazy how prices doubled twice in two week intervals like that.

We see that kind of multiplicative growth pretty often lately. PSA-9 T17 is another example of this, which had a similar growth all of a sudden. And actually PSA-10 1st ed. Base Set Charizard as well now, considering they’re worth ~180-200k USD now. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Basically almost all WotC (Base Set especially) sees that kind of idiotic growth now for sealed products and PSA-9/10 graded cards. I know you were joking about it being worth 60k by the end of next week, but it wouldn’t surprise me that if you do hold it for 2-3 weeks it’s indeed consistently selling at 30k+ and sells in some cases for 40k tbh. Nothing really surprises me anymore at this point. I’m just curious which Pokémon product/card will breach the 1M barrier first and when (I really hope not this year though!! :angry: ).

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

1st Edition Base box will reach $1m first, IMO. Personally, I don’t really understand how PSA 10 1st Edition Base Charizard is worth the same as a 1st Edition Base box. The box should be worth significantly more. I can’t think of any other example of another box where a PSA 10 card from that set is worth as much as the box itself. In literally every other instance, the box is worth more. If $200k is the new normal for PSA 10 1st Edition Base Charizard, then the box should already be worth $500k.

And going from $500k to $1m I think is an easier jump than going from, say, $50k to $100k. If someone can comfortably afford to spend $500k on a luxury good, then that person can afford to spend $1m on it, too. Because if you’re able to comfortably spend $500k on it, then you have an 8-figure net worth (that or you can’t comfortably afford it). But there are a lot of people who can spend $50k but can’t comfortably afford to spend $100k. I think that 1st Edition Base boxes will hit $1m before any other box will even hit $100k. It’ll be interesting to see, and I also hope that it won’t happen for another few years at least lol.

1 Like

A week or 2 ago people were shitting on someone for asking $30k OBO on Insta for a box. Wonder how they’re feeling now?

5 Likes

I believe I can confirm another sale. A best offer on one for 27k

2 Likes

I agree, but two notable examples of that would be Evolutions Charizard PSA 10 in relation to XY Evolutions, and perhaps Hidden Fates Charizard PSA 10 in relation t 36 Hidden Fates booster packs ~

Wow!

1 Like

Fair enough, but those are two very unique exceptions. As I understand it, the Evolutions Charizard is INSANELY tough to grade and the Hidden Fates Charizard has a super low pull rate. 1st Ed. Base Charizard is much easier to pull than Hidden Fates Charizard and much easier to grade than Evolutions Charizard. A 1st Ed. Base box has a reasonable chance of actually yielding a PSA 10 1st Ed. Base Charizard. A low chance, but much higher than for either of the examples you mentioned.

Can’t find any relevant sales data on eBay UK, someone has a blue wing unlimited up for £25k OBO but obviously meaningless until it sells. The only way I’d ever sell one of mine is if it could cover the entirety of my mortgage, and we’re a way off that yet. Not sure I’d even want it to happen though as then I’d have a real dilemma on my hands…

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Green-Wing-Base-Set-Booster-Box-WOTC-Factory-Sealed-Mint/174469396113?hash=item289f2fb691:g:~gkAAOSwY0BffXT6

Green wings sold for 33k, a 50% increase from 2 weeks ago.

1 Like
11 Likes

I’m surprised that lasted so long tbh

2 Likes

$29.4 for most recent auction. Bidding looks legit, the $26.5k bid for sure looks legit

2 Likes

We had to have long since breached the territory where it is a select few of filthy rich people skewing everything. Might even be like the same 10 people at this point piling up all the boxing thinking they will be richer millionaires in a couple years.

That seller is legit… I bought their other boxes and they came in just fine.

1 Like

Also confirmed that the green wing unl box from yesterday sold for $32,000 on eBay

The one that sold for 29k was pretty mint and the one that sold for 25 was a little banged up with rips. That seems to be the window at the moment

Demand is enormous for base boxes, at every price point there is supply available but prices continue to rise.

I shudder at the thought when theres no base boxes available on ebay.

1 Like

Coming soon to a theater near you.