The Giant Deal Thread

a lot more likely these days, who knows what other extras these trophy kings have

1 Like

Im just waiting for a 2000 Lugua / Ho-oh trophy without the winnerā€˜s photo to appearšŸ˜³

6 Likes

2001* If that does exist, that means the holo WC TMB/SSB trophies from 2000 without the winners photo also do.

They all exist without photo thatā€˜s certainā€¦ Question is if they will appear for sale which doesnā€˜t seem unlikely anymore

2 Likes

link?

Can you provide more info on what you mean? How exactly do we know that these cards exist without the winnerā€™s faces? Are you talking about extra/file copies?

2 Likes

Looking forward to the results of the Mandarake auction, a lot of cool items ending the next 2 days. Hopefully someone on the forum picks them up!

Umbreon and Espeon sealed play promo
ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=635222
ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=635223

World champ packs
ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=635221

Rumble pack
ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=635221

Unikarp and No. 1 trophies
ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=635319
ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=635316
ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auction/item/itemInfoEn.html?index=635317

6 Likes

www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Pokemon-Ex-Deoxys-Rayquaza-Gold-Star-Holo-PSA-8-107-Pokemon-Holo/293645862389?hash=item445ea845f5:g:FtIAAOSw3-te-~oM

This ended pretty cheap, no? Especially given that an ungraded NM one sold for nearly $4k on eBay just a month or so ago? I thought this was going to go for $3500+; really wish I bid on this :slightly_frowning_face:

EDIT: looking at recent sales, a PSA 7 sold for $2400 earlier this month via best offer. And two PSA 8s sold for $4800 and $4750, respectively. Though I canā€™t vouch for the legitimacy of any of these sales.

More Unikarp : buyee.jp/mercari/search?keyword=%E3%81%9F%E3%81%BE%E3%82%80%E3%81%97%20%E6%97%A7%201000&status=on_sale

1 Like

No. 1 Pikachu trophies went for Ā„9.35m and Ā„9.02m respectively after the 10% auction premium that Mandarake charges. Unikarp went for Ā„1,023,000.

4 Likes

Seems like most of the stuff sold for pretty fair prices at Mandarake. I had most interest in the W.C box that sold for 300k yen. Donā€™t know if that is cheap or not though, hard to find sales data on that item (Thereā€™s one on yahoo for 880k yen). Would love to own a W.C pack at some point

Feels like yesterday our jaws were on the floor seeing a No 1 Pika sell for $20k. I tried my luck at getting one of those trophy pikas. I was bidding on the 2nd one, I knew I was done as soon as I saw the 1st one double in price at the last minute. I feel foolish for even thinking I had a chance. On the bright side I now have a greater appreciation for the cards I have now.

7 Likes

Is this the first copy up for sale?
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-Competition-Battle-Limited-Charizard-VMAX-HR-104-S-P-Promo/264805407517?hash=item3da7a1db1d:g:oUkAAOSwYYBfGZhG

3 Likes

One and presumably more have sold in Japan. FYI this is the seller I bought an art academy Pikachu from that they then canceled with a laughable excuse, very likely they are drop shipping the card. May not matter if they do have a way to get it this time but something to be aware of.

5 Likes

He canceled on me too with a lame excuse, bad seller, avoid.

3 Likes

This is actually from Mercari: www.mercari.com/jp/items/m49985199721. And no it isnā€™t the first copy for sale, there were 2 others listed on Mercari before this: one for 666,666 JPY and the other for 599,999 JPY. Neither have sold, and I doubt they will.

Give it a week or two and YJA, Mercari and loads of other Japanese websites will be flooded with these.

1 Like

6k USD for the charizard isnā€™t unreasonable right? Considering Zekrom/Mewtwo HR copies are selling pretty consistently in a similar price range

1 Like

Now? Itā€™s a very unreasonable price seeing as theyā€™re readily available up until near the end of September.
The first copies of the recent Extra Battle Day Guzma, Acerola and Lillie cards sold for $2k, but after 2 months Lillie was below $300 and Guzma and Acerola were available for under $100 for a short period of time. Those have now bounced back to $1k+ and are cards with half the distribution this Charizard will have.

Obviously Charizard is a popular PokĆ©mon so there will be a lot of competition, but honestly Iā€™d say $6k is far too much and Iā€™m fairly confident in about a month youā€™ll be able to pick them up for around $1k, if not less. However as soon as October starts these will start gaining traction, so you just need to keep your eye on the market.

Today was the first day of an event which goes on for the next 2 months. Donā€™t waste your money.

4 Likes

This is a reasonable statement, but I think you heavily underestimate the popularity(/Zard) factor. Not to piss off any Lily or Guzma fans, but I donā€™t think you can compare them at all to the Zard. The attention this trophy received is far higher than say Acerola.
A Zard can singlehandedly carry a whole set and sell far higher than most rarer cards 24/7. Itā€™s shown time and time again that ā€˜being a Zardā€™>ā€˜being rareā€™. Now this card is rare AND a Zard, so I stand by my prediction from another thread that this will never sell below 3k.
Of course either of us can be wrong or right; only time will tell and Iā€™m excited to see the outcome :blush:

1 Like

ok, I do understand that this is a ā€œprice cardā€ but what is the reason to pay 6k for this card. Iā€™m sure that there will be many for sale and most likely these will grade well aswell(Japanese, and surely ppl will take care of them) . If the total amount of these cards is 600. I do assume there will be atleast 200-300 psa10ā€™s maybe even more. There is modern Charizards with almost same print quantity with poor quality that ainā€™t receive that kind value. Iā€™m missing something now?