The Giant Deal Thread

IG : poke.zu

1 Like

He was a member here for a long time, as well as being a member on Instagram too.

Awesome awesome guy, sad to see him go :confused:

1 Like

What a stealā€¦
offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=142282238921&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

6 Likes

I saw this but itā€™s not surprising since it is mis-labled. Prices for the precious NS 10s are down.

1 Like

Yeesh. I gotta keep a better eye out. Some of these major people (PWCC, Probstein, etc.) should print auction catalogues in anticipation of their auctions. Iā€™d be all over that.

3 Likes

jungle errors go under the radar quite often. itā€™s a forgotten card setlol

1 Like

I sold an electrode last month for 410.00 shipped so I wouldnā€™t have minded picking this one up for half that.

3 Likes

Ummmā€¦ PWCC does, kinda. I get an email every month with their new announced auctions. Usually 2-3 weeks prior before they start. I always keep an eye out for (autographed) Pikachus, although itā€™s mainly the three final evolutions of the starters which are coming back every month.

Not sure yet how I subscribed to their mailing list. Either on their website, or automatically after I won an item from them in the past.

Edit: to be more exact: I get emails which usually display some sport cards with a button which links to their website. When I filter on Pokemon on their website however I see the announced cards, with a date of when their auction starts.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I get all the emails, but I love print. Thereā€™s a serious lack of print material for pokemon collecting. Emails feel like work, print is relaxing. Haha

Ah ok, that kind of catalog, which you receive by post (ā€œeen reclamefolderā€ as we call it in The Netherlands).

You could print their list yourself :blush: Although itā€™s usually just a title with date of auction and image, nothing more.

If they do send catalogs by post, their auctions are probably already over before I would receive them in Europe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Greetz,
Quuador

Yeah, a third party collaborative geared toward that purpose would be pretty cool. :blush:

If this card was sent back for a relabeling, would the grade change due to the off centering? Or would it stay a 10?

The grade would stay the same.

1 Like

Here is one for less than half that price, m.ebay.com/itm/PSA-10-GEM-MINT-NO-SYMBOL-Electrode-HOLO-Pokemon-Jungle-2-62-RARE-/112343513736?nav=SEARCH

So that guy got who paid $410 definitely didnā€™t get a very good deal. I could argue more on why they are not worth as much as people say but I donā€™t think we want to go there.

Why do you think that? Iā€™d love that info:)

When I tried selling you my NS 10s you offered me $75 per card and said your customers were only willing to pay $100-$150 depending on the card. This was over a year ago but you had yours listed on eBay for $400+

Also more recently you tried selling me all of your NS 10s for a flat rate of $175 if I purchased them all. I still have these messages as well by the way. Then all I see is you claiming they are worth tons and tons since you own around 40 PSA 10s.

Correction, I am looking back at the messages it was $200 per NS 10 you wanted to sell me. My mistake, still thoughā€¦

3 Likes

Even offered to give me all your PSA 9s in the deal and a stack of ungraded NS cards for no extra charge.

Also prior to messaging you about selling my NS 10s I made offers on yours with a different account anywhere from $175-$300 offers, and you declined saying we are far apart. I then decided to sell rather than collect the set so a few weeks later when I mesaged you on a different account you told me your customers pay $150ā€¦

It is always wise to consider how many stacks of ungraded gems may be out there of some of the low pop more niche items before you go spending a boat load. Especially when the 9/10 divide is so great. Such a fine line between some low end 10ā€™s I have graded myself and what I would see as higher 9ā€™s. Iā€™ve seen 9ā€™s of these go for dirt cheap. Alsoā€¦

Always take everything you hear with a few grains of salt, especially if the party giving the advice has some kind of stake in it. Just great general advice to keep in mind not just with Pokemon, but in life.

2 Likes

Thank you! This. Iā€™m in NO way referencing a specific situation, but I wholeheartedly agree. Consistently I see people eating up absurd pricing information or, even worse, vague references to ā€œbig valueā€ from the same people that theyā€™re buying from! Iā€™m like ā€œGuys, open your eyes!ā€ I have no beef with a sales pitch and I completely understand that in this hobby people often deal in what they personally care about, but sometimes I just want to scream this advice at people. Haha.

10/10 life advice.

3 Likes