The Giant Deal Thread

@pokemonsyndicate where’s your expert knowledge at? Buy everyone’s stuff and open it already!!!

1 Like

There’s a thread called Debunking No Rarity Japanese Base Set. Has all the sources and everything.

You’re pretty much right but the chances of there actually being a short pack with No Rarities still around,is equivalent to a legit pre release raichu existing. Both are possible but highly unlikely to exist.

Great post at least as far as the pre-Raichu lol.

Did you mean an e4 thread on debunking?

Yes it’s an e4 thread, I was referring to this www.elitefourum.com/t/debunking-no-rarity-japanese-base/16536/1

Second thought maybe comparing it to raichu is a bit much lol. Chances are still pretty low though.

We should probably link Shizzle’s other article on the topic. It’s a bit more detailed and slightly more recent.

www.elitefourum.com/t/a-guide-explaining-why-no-rarity-comes-from-packs-and-decks/16617/1

2 Likes

:wink:

Read the article I linked to. Basically, if we apply the same logic to deck boxes then when we opened one deck box and didn’t find no rarity cards we would conclude that they don’t come from deck boxes. Therefore, they don’t come from anywhere?

That footage proves that short packs don’t guarantee no rarity cards, however; with the rest of the evidence we have it’s hard to say it’s impossible to pull no rarity cards from short packs.

*I don’t want to get into this debate about whether or not they come from short packs. I’m tired of debating the point on this forum. The evidence has been presented in the links, make your own decision.*

4 Likes

All swans are white!

3 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Sorry, is this sarcastic? Because I definitely saw some black swans in Australia …

2 Likes

Yeh, we get these all around the place.

It’s an expression that illustrates the problem of induction.

2 Likes

Yes @teraz, perhaps my reference was too esoteric.

The phrase goes something like, “all swans I’ve ever seen are white, therefore all swans must be white”. This statement uses inductive reasoning to come to a [false] conclusion and is commonly used to demonstrate the faults of inductive logic.

This was in reference to the statement about short packs never containing no rarities. You can make a probabilistic argument such as the probability of pulling no rarities from short packs is extremely low but it’s impossible to say you cannot pull them based on inductive reasoning alone. Having to explain this makes me seem pedantic, but really my original post about swans was just supposed to be a cheeky remark

3 Likes

Yeah I know I am not stupid :wink:
That why I wrote this in the thread that I linked:

Anyway people who still think that no rarity cards come from short booster packs speculate.
But yeah, it is maybe easier for reseller to say « hey buy my short booster pack at a premium price because it may contain no rarity cards » even if they have no evidence of it :blush:

Did you just mention the words “no rarity” and “junk” in one sentence? Ooow @pokemonsyndicate , he did not just say that, did he? :open_mouth: :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

oh he will pay the price. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Can someone please buy this. Mint condition 1st ed jungle or fossil holos should not be this cheap.

2 Likes

The cut of this card looks interesting

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322931795997

insanity

1 Like

I remember that card was on PWCC. Interesting.

1 Like