This is my Japanese Base Set short top pack boosterbox.

Hi, I want to share my short pack box with you guys. This is the very first boosterbox made by Pokémon and there are not many around, also the packs are very rare to find. Thinking about opening it and selling the packs but that would be a very hard decision for me so what do you think I should do? I’m a sealed boosterbox collector by the way.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRIgaRQwQsc

2 Likes

Today I decided to make an important step (also for you guys) in the search for “no rarity cards”. Here you go:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVEtp_qjOkM

5 Likes

in before rarity cards. Good luck!

pack opening coming soon!

Thanks, it is good to see collectors who help to make things happen!

3 Likes

Finally.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR
Next week: pulls pack out of box… end of video :wink:

and here is the truth:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F5nn21aKX4

18 Likes

There it is. Solved. Thanks @oldpokemontrader

2 Likes

unlucky

1 Like

Thanks!

But now can we really say that all short booster packs do not contain no rarity cards? :stuck_out_tongue:

ahhhh really cool cards but cooler sealed IMO!

Good Job buddy :blush: what a shame though

Hey @shizzlemetimbers :grin:

I knew it would not have it.

Now the mystery continues.

Dododododo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. It makes me think that there are certain people who have opened these packs before, realised they didn’t contain no rarity cards, then just not said anything because they know that saying they didn’t contain no rarity cards would devalue their short top packs.

6 Likes

Well then.

R.I.P :sob:

No rarities just exist, we need to accept that :grin:

Took one for the team here!!

1 Like

How’d I miss this thread! Short packs were never the smoking gun here and as I explained in the no rarity pack/deck article short packs have an approx. production range between 20th October 1996 and 21 June 1997. Short packs are however narrow the date down the furthest so they still are your best shot at no rarity but still the probability is extremely small.