No Rarity Boosters

What’s the current extent of our knowledge on these?

From my understanding the only thing I know for sure are long postcodes have 0% chance of no rarities, and the short post codes have some chance, but I don’t know what that % chance is, or if there is something else that can differentiate the NR short post code packs from the normal short post code packs. I’ve currently got 4 short post code boosters (3 bought at price x on the same day, the other bought at price 3x on a different day). The guy who knows about this stuff wasn’t in when I bought the expensive one, so wasn’t able to ask why the price was any different (could just be they increased the price due to demand). But also all 4 packs are exactly the same, barcodes, postcodes, random number things on the packets etc.

Is there anything else we know further to the above, or is it still a minefield? Has anyone every opened a pack/60 card pack and pulled a no rarity on video?

There is no 100% verified source only thing we can go off at this point is hopes and dreams

2 Likes

Some even say that no rarities where bourne into existence by Pokesyn when he was a mere pup, he meandered up a cresent only to remark upon the vast emptiness of the valley before him. The valley bore not a fruit nor tree it was barren although he was a mere pup he stumbled upon the meaning of existence ergo vis a vis concordantly in this moment no rarities spawned from the ground and flew up into the air and off on their way to Japan. Heartbroken at their departure, Pokesyn vowed to never let a no raritan ever leave his sight again…

18 Likes

There literally is zero evidence to back up any claim these come from packs.

We’d all love to know the guaranteed way of pulling them though.

Just keep your eyes peeled on any base item that severely spikes in pricing or demand.

Yeah I paid well above board for this recent pack. I may bring it in and ask why, or I may just go straight ahead and open it. Though I feel like a different print run would have a different barcode, but I don’t know for sure. I’ll ask him for some more info next time I see him at least. Would be good to know. Have a few magazines with no rarity images that haven’t been shared here yet which I’ll pull out and translate when I get the chance.

2 Likes

I personally have no erge to open any of my booster packs but if it was a no rarity pack and I paid premium for it then I wouldn’t hesitate to open it. That’s one pack in which the contents would be worth more than the sealed pack by itself.

Packs here don’t run too much luckily. The first 3 I paid less than a zard, but the last one was quite a bit more. And when I say zard, they sell for 2,500-3,000 here in mint condition now.

@viral When you say short postcode on the booster pack, do you mean 104-01?

Yes. Short postcodes are from before the postal system revamp in 97 so indicates an earlier print run. I remember this guy saying that those last two numbers Sony necessarily have to be 01. Anyone who has any packs or 60 card packs able to document their post codes for us?

I have about 40 packs at hand, mixture of 291 and 300 yen, all have the 104-01 code, all regular cards. The box I have (with ‘For Sale in Japan Only’ on the base) also has 104-01 on the display flap(?), which you can’t see if it were sealed.

How many possibilities are there?

If the box says “For Sale Only in Japan” on the bottom, I’d say there’s zero chance it will have no-rarity cards. But I’ve also never opened a pack from a “blank-bottom” box that had no-rarities, either.

I suspect (and that’s all it is — a suspicion) that the minty fresh no-rarity cards we’ve been seeing show up on auctions are coming from starter decks. I have no proof of that though.

5 Likes

Unsolved mysteries…

I don’t even know this show… but maybe Gary / Glenn remember it from 1982 haha…

Theme song is so fitting…

4 Likes

So you actually have some short pack boosters? If I had a box ide crack and open a pack and if there was not any in that pack ide sell each booster for like 300usd each. Or ide keep em. :smirk:

I’ve got the complete box set of that lol, Robert Stack fit the show so well

2 Likes

He is a perfect fit for that show, just like the guy who did/does that Worlds Wildest Police Videos.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U860tkENdj4

2 Likes

lol, gosh, don’t go posting this, i will sit here for ages watching…

.<"

1 Like

Would you be able to add some pics for reference? I’d be very interested in seeing the 300 yen ones! I’ll compare to my packs see if there’s anything else and I’ll go hound the guy in the collectors shop who’s clued up on it and see what he knows. Have you opened any 291/300 packs?

Mine for comparison/ documentation’s sake:

Here are the pack variants:

3 Likes

ONly the short packs line up with the theory of being the 1st print run. THose others im quite sure have unlimited.