-=The E4 Signature Exchange=-

Any idea when this will officially kick off? I’m potentially interested in joining but I haven’t committed because I don’t want to be the cog that stops the process from working; I am moving across the country for my job early next month and won’t be settled in until late next month, and then I will be completely comms dark for about a month starting in mid-March. I think this is a fun idea (and a great way to snag all of your signatures before you become rich and famous…or more rich in the case of some of you :upside_down_face:)

I could always commit and then play a little catch up a couple months down the line?

This event sign up will run until the 22nd of January. We are predicting about 50 participants in this event. When the event closes, you can send in your signatures right away and honestly it will take about a month or so for all the cards to come in and to be accounted for.

5 Likes

Can the cards we send in be clearly assigned to specific participants? If someone has a favorite card/pokemon Id like to be able to add to their collection and not just have a random card go to them.

5 Likes

I think everyone can decide what cards they want to sign and how they want to personalize it, if at all.

You could make one special and write 1/1 on it to go to someone at random. You can make them all identical. You could open a pack and sign everything you get. You can do all energies, sign a yugioh card, cut the card in half, put stickers on it, use an stamp, draw a unique sketch on each etc etc

I would ask that the cards maintain the same depth (ie. Keep it as a plane, don’t make it 3d) and that you don’t make it weigh much more than a standard card. Also I think at the bare minimum, you should have your username somewhere on the card.

7 Likes

Top tier idea:

9 Likes

Just a Reminder, PLEASE fill out all THREE polls for participation in this event. Thank you <3

I like this idea! If anyone has any requests I shall grab a certain pokemon species to sign!
I’d love to receive a Marill but I’m more than happy to have whatever Pokemon you guys pick of course!

2 Likes

I wonder if this will be enough for all the signatures I gotta do

3 Likes

Yes it should be enough lol :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to receiving my PSA 10 1st Ed Base Set Charizor, signed by smpratte

4 Likes

Me too! :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

There’s so many fun possibilities, I’m having such a hard time deciding what I’ll sign. Was initially thinking I’d just do all the same card, but now I’m considering buying a pack for every entrant, and signing whatever the best pull from the pack is. Signed moonbreon anyone?

7 Likes

Well my crystal ball tells me I can expect a signed illustrator from Scott. PSA 10, of course…

2 Likes

If you end up doing this, would love to see a video/stream of you signing the cards/sketching!

4 Likes

That’s a really good idea actually! I happened to have just bought a good enough webcam and tripod too for recording unboxings so I’ll definitely be doing that.

3 Likes

Is it possible to add a participants list similar to that of Secret Santa? I would like to see who has signed up before I decide if I want to.

1 Like

I see that you’re only looking for rare signatures :chart_with_upwards_trend:

4 Likes

If you’re looking for “rare signatures” or a specific person, I think you are misunderstanding the spirit of the exchange. It’s more about community building, creating a fun experience and expressing yourself creativity though cardboard than it is about whether you will be receiving a card from the “right people”

If that’s not what you’re about it’s completely fine, maybe this isn’t for you. If you’re looking for specific people you can reach out to them directly.

4 Likes

I just was interested in seeing who is participating and whether anyone I regularly interact with would be sending out signatures. I thought @JoshsOddCollection 's comment was funny which is why I liked it. I won’t participate in this which is fine.

3 Likes

Morning Everyone,

Just a reminder that the poll closes in a week. Please fill out EVERY poll. We are missing 1 response for the last poll. If anyone is lingering around and still deciding if you want to join or not, it’s time to make a decision.

Can’t wait to see all the uniquely signed cards in my signature binder <3

7 Likes