SWSH 12.5 Crown Zenith / VSTAR Universe Discussion Thread

Wanted to create the page for future discussions/hype/etc. here are some key notes from the reveal:

• Over 160 cards
  • 3 brand new Radiant Pokemon, including Radiant Charizard, Radiant Charjabug, and Radiant Eternatus
  • 5 Pokemon VMAX
  • 8 Pokemon VSTAR, including Zacian VSTAR and Zamazenta VSTAR
  • 17 Pokemon V
  • 70 cards with special artwork in the new Galarian Gallery, including Mewtwo VSTAR, Darkrai VSTAR, and Hisuian Zoroark VSTAR**

Crown Zenith Elite Trainer Box (available January 20, 2023)
Includes 10 Crown Zenith booster packs, one special art card featuring Lucario VSTAR and various gameplay accessories

Crown Zenith Special Collection—Pikachu VMAX (available February 17, 2023)
Includes five Crown Zenith booster packs, one etched promo card and one oversize promo card featuring Pikachu VMAX and one foil promo card featuring Pikachu V

Crown Zenith Premium Playmat Collection—Morpeko V-UNION (available April 14, 2023) Includes five Crown Zenith booster packs, four Morpeko V-UNION cards, one Professor Burnet card, one playmat and one oversize card

Crown Zenith Premium Figure Collection—Shiny Zacian or Shiny Zamazenta (available May 5, 2023) Includes 11 Crown Zenith booster packs; one etched promo card featuring either Shiny Zacian V or Shiny Zamazenta V; one corresponding Shiny figure and a Shiny pin; and one set of card sleeves
image image

If you’d like to see the uncut sheet leaks we had which show off the ARs (non-V special arts), you can check out this thread:
https://www.elitefourum.com/t/they-actually-finally-did-it-swsh12-5-vstar-universe-leaks-spoilers/37212/85

Card Gallery

Screenshot_20221028_113055
Screenshot_20221028_113041
Screenshot_20221028_113027
Screenshot_20221028_113015
Screenshot_20221028_113005

Screenshot_20221028_113108

V

VSTAR

Screenshot_20221028_113147
Screenshot_20221028_113138
Screenshot_20221028_113129
Screenshot_20221028_113118

Trainers

Radiant

13 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: VSTAR Universe special arts revealed

SIE NANAHARA is making their Pokémon TCG debut in S12a VSTAR Universe:

https://twitter.com/nanaharasie

They worked with FGO and JP MTG (to name a few from their vast portfolio)

14 Likes

As soon as I saw this revealed I just had to stop and appreciate it for a minute! Love that Pokemon continues to bring in new, talented artists!

1 Like

Haruko Ichikawa is a mangaka and creator of ‘Land of the Lustrous’. She also contributed to character designs for Pokémon Sword & Shield (Chairman Rose)

Her first card has just been announced for S12a VSTAR Universe

13 Likes

18 Likes

They’ve really been killing it on the artwork these past couple of sets. And the new artists are starting off strong too. What a time for cheapish good arts.

Shibuzoh., symmetry, Dark types and the moon

10 Likes

Anyone know if they intend to release an english counterpart? There’s some gorgeous artwork in there.

RIP to the wallets of diglett collectors, due to the cameo in the Charizard and Mewtwo

7 Likes

I would imagine that they would keep up the Trainer Gallery in sets to come, so we will eventually get them that way, or the Special Set in January that we are supposed to get.

1 Like

There are no trainers on those AR and SAR cards so hopefully it will change to something other than trainer gallery and they get rid of those yellow borders.

Generation change is the perfect time to get rid of it, but they never will…its “iconic”.

1 Like

If I see that Absol with a yellow border in English I will not be able to control my sadness

1 Like

Prepare for it, there are leaks from a while back that showed the English versions and they had the yellow.

The SARs look a tad busy, but overall the set looks amazing. I wonder if we will get Radiant cards… will these SAR rarity cards replace the traditional SA/SR alt arts we’ve seen? This is a proper way to send off the SwSh era!

1 Like

It’s funny you mention symmetry, my two least favorites here are the Samurot and the Diancie. I think it’s because they are too symmetrical?

I’m with you there. Also, I think a Deoxys leak had the same symmetry.

The Samurott is trying too hard to be like the Moltres.

I’m not even sure what the context is. Is Samurott on a throne underwater?

Is it a psychic with the Snorunt as the crystal ball?

2 Likes

VTSAR Universe looks good. Depending on the print quality, I might get 1-2 cases like what I did for Dream League, Eevee Heroes, and VMAX Climax.