They actually FINALLY did it (SWSH12.5/VSTAR Universe leaks) SPOILERS

they finally did special arts of non-Vs which i’ve been hoping for since they started coming around again. last time we had these in abundance was in XY iirc. While character arts are nice, i personally prefer artworks like these of just pokemon being pokemon in the wild.

seems like someone snapped some photos of a sheet of german swsh12.5 cards which are special arts of single prizers. its hard to tell, but it looks like this list of 70 might be only single prizers.

aside from the obvious ones where you can see most of the card, here are a few we’ve potentially made out

first image: Magmortar (brilliant stars) towards the top and ditto towards the bottom. potentially ditto imitating the cards that were stickers from pogo

second image: poochyena left of mew, absol from astral radiance to the right, and paras above mew

third image: miltank above swablu, diancie above toxtricity, kricketune to the right of latias

the poster on IG (who seems to mostly post sneaker stuff???) alluded to more photos later

19 Likes

So excited for this set!!!

Side note: makes you wonder if alt arts will become less of something for chase cards and just the new 1 in 3 packs holo foil.

1 Like

This is going to be a banger of a set

3 Likes

i know many would oppose this because it “ruins” the chase, but imo, more art on the card seems like a net W, especially with how good many of the illustrations are on non-chase cards now days

1 Like

So this set is this Gen’s Cosmic Eclipse? Seems very promising

this seems to be more like this gen’s hidden fates IF the shiny vault was an alt art vault instead.

1 Like

Agreed. Let’s be honest: holos are garbage at this point anyway. At least having a Character Rare/Alt Art/whatever you want to call it in its place would make those pulls significantly more satisfying.

4 Likes

exactly, and they can still distinguish bigger pulls with texture or other effects

2 Likes

This looks awesome. Might finally buy some packs again. Will be interesting to see what gets chosen for that set.

That would be fantastic.

I haven’t really opened a set in a while.

This set may change that.

Assuming with 70, itll be like RC from generations with 1 per pack in the reverse slot imo. I also hate these early early leaks.

A Pikaspurt?! Sounds disgusting! :rofl:

Mew and Cramorant on the same card??? * Mind explodes*

1 Like

What a lame way to get the cards spoiled.

That Mew card made me feel things. This set really does look like a great sendoff for SWSH.

1 Like

This set will look GREAT in Japanese where we will not be subjected to the hideous yellow borders

7 Likes

here’s a new one…

the guy is claiming he will be posting a video of the sheet some time today. we’ll see. it’ll be interesting in a lot of ways, but in particular, getting to see what a sheet of these types of cards looks like laid out.

2 Likes

Hmm. Seems to be all basic Pokemon getting full art treatment on this sheet. Fun and different.

2 Likes

I’m praying for a Pumpkaboo to make the cut, but that Duskull is already enough to get me excited!

2 Likes