S8b VMAX Climax revealed

www.pokeguardian.com/749899_s8b-vmax-climax-officially-revealed-chr-cards-from-dream-league-return

CSR or Character Super Rares are in this set, reminiscent of CHR from Dream Leage

19 Likes

Pikachu and Eevee, look amazing cards.

@everyone

2 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

edit:

nooooooooooooo

@nish

5 Likes

That Zekrom is ELITE

2 Likes

Please join me in prayer that Chansey and not Blissey is the chosen Pokémon for a Cheryl CHR.

7 Likes

This is awesome

Since it wasn’t posted in this thread yet, here a picture of the Zekrom as well:

All of them look great. Love those Character Rares from Cosmic Eclipse, and these are all equally as amazing. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

@kingboo64

I actually think that Flaaffy is my favorite from the bunch. Strange that it’s Flaaffy instead of Ampharos, but I can’t complain about that art.

1 Like

Finally, the return of Character rares with some of my favorite Pokemon. Dream League was one of my favorite Modern sets to this day because of the Character Rares alone, therefore I’m so happy to see them return!

Although, the Raihan and Duraludon/Zinnia and Rayquaza V alt arts from the recent Towering Perfection/Blue Sky Stream sets were pretty similar in art direction to the CHR! :grin:

I am loving all of the CHR’s revealed so far, it’s always wonderful to see some more Gen 5 representation with Elesa/N (Flaffy is so adorable, while the Zekrom is stunning! Gen 5 rules!)

Although, I do have two minor gripes:The Eevee and Masaki CHR looks a bit odd to me; the artwork was done by Souichirou Gunjima, who has done work with Eevee/it’s evolutions previously with the Flareon V alt and Umbreon/Eevee gym promos (which look phenomenal).

It might take a little while before this artwork grows on me, the perspective, proportions, and posing of Eevee looks really awkward.

If I gave it some more time, it’ll probably grow on me though! Eevee using Masaki’s work tray as a cat bed is pretty cute!

Then my only other gripe is that the Gardevoir CHR features some nameless NPC doctor from Sword & Shield, I assume this Gardevoir is working in a hospital which is an amazing concept and the artwork looks great. But, since when did the Character Rares have characters irrelevant to the story of the games?

They had the potential to use Diantha (The Champion) from Gen 6, whose Ace is a Gardevoir which could’ve had a lot of potential as a concept; It’s still a gorgeous card, but it’s such a shame they missed that opportunity.

I’ll still happily collect binder pages of the Eevee and Gardevoir though, I can’t resist collecting my favorites haha. :wink:

Flaffy was a great choice for Elesa, she had one on her gym team for Black and White 2. It’s not until the post-game’s world tournament where you can rematch her that she has an Ampharos.

I’m sure the team decided to go with Flaffy because they wanted Elesa to be able to interact with her Pokemon in a way that hints at her passion for modelling while taking advantage of showcasing one of Flaffy’s defining attributes (it’s fluffy fur).

I don’t really think the artist could do much with Ampharos that would hint at Elesa’s model background while showcasing her interacting with the Pokemon, therefore I think the team executed Elesa’s CHR very well!

Also, it might be worth noting that the Flaffy is quite playable in the trading card game.

1 Like

Ah okay. B2W2 is the only mainline game I haven’t played, so that would explain my perplexity about the choice of Flaaffy. I just remember her annoying pair of Emolga from the original BW. Lol.

1 Like

Character art getting their own rarity makes me thing either rainbow rares are going away…or we’re getting character rainbow rares in the future.

But this set mentions nothing about shiny pokemon, I was hoping for a shiny volcarona V & rayquaza V

Surprising choices again, smeargle has its time to shine in previous set and now flaaffy getting a gold secret rare in same set and character rare in this set

What an absolute queen taking care of her pokemon like that

2 Likes

Super stoked that the character rares are coming back - they were a big part why Cosmic Eclipse is my favorite set. Love the artwork on that N/Zekrom. Hoping for a good variety of characters. Also looking forward to the supposed Galar Friends FA as well as the new Nessa, Bea and Acerola FAs! Only a few cards revealed but already shaping up to be my favorite set of the SWSH era due to my bias for trainers lol

Looks great! I’m glad it’s not a shiny set. I suspect this is where Japan gets Lance’s Charizard V. Just speculation.

1 Like

Dream League on steroids, I love it. Huge potential for this set.

1 Like

Skipped the last three or four sets, but had to drop a preorder on this set while prices are under $100/box because character rares are my jam. Not expecting boxes to jump too much but I am itching for some good product.