Scarlet ex SV1S / Violet ex SV1V - Set Discussion Thread

New information and images for SV1 just dropped

1 Like

Feels like XY + Alt Arts.

1 Like

I hope this doesn’t become playable, because I’d love to buy a metric ton of it :joy:

I don’t really like the Tera ex look, and the ex selection is questionable…but I do like the look of some of them. Seeing the rest of their body through the text area of the card is near at least. And the set itself seems to have great theming between cards. Many of the new Pokémon received holos, which is fitting…I’m not even going to try to complete these sets anymore, but there’s a lot of singles here I’d love to pick up for the binder! Overall a strong start to the Gen, I’d say. Stronger overall than at least SwSh base. If the next sets build on top of this foundation, I’d say we’re in for a good time.

Also, I don’t even like this Pokémon but the card makes me feel like I’m in Spain

9 Likes

To give perspective of how the SR pool for each set will look:

Scarlet ex

Violet ex

Gardevoir ex and Spidops ex are not the last cards of the set, and there are still SR Supporters, HR & UR cards (whatever they are) left open. The giant gap between AR and SAR can suggest that full art ex (non alt art) will still be around as there are only 6 ex cards per set

7 Likes

Here’s hoping for some more Shuppet/Banette love! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We are in the golden age of Pokémon card art.

3 Likes

Another banger from Shinji Kanda!!

21 Likes

with both of them being 101/ of the set, it makes me wonder if the tera exes are going to get something else. gyarados would be before gardevoir, but if it is a HR special art or some other type of HR, it would likely come after gardevoir

if all exes and supporters get full arts, they add up to 10 slots which would be between the ARs and SARs, resulting in 12 ARs per set + i assume at least 2 if not 3 or 4 SARs, combining to roughly 26-30 special arts combined.

i could see gyarados and arcanine not getting full arts, but something maybe in the HR rarity (HR SAR or some unique type of full art for tera mons)

i guess one of the big questions is will the box legos get gold cards or will arcanine and gyarados get gold cards (or both).

still expecting/hoping for the UR pokemon style to continue what they started in vstar universe (could see the same artist doing both koriadon and miraidon so that the two arts combine into one larger one)

Here are my favorites from the primary set excluding AR/SAR, can’t wait to grab them next week:

10 Likes

Coming to the English Scarlet & Violet ETBs are the Koraidon and Miraidon Art Rare promos. There are 2 per box:

SV ETB

These promos are alternate artworks of the SV-P promos, so they are likely not from the equivalent sets in JP. We have yet to see how these are released:

16 Likes

The Ex cards remind me of Gx cards, which isnt a good thing. Oh well, I guess they wont be the chases of the era, the alt arts / character rares will be

$10 increase for Pokemon Center Elite Trainer Box, seems quite steep when all your’re getting more is the 1 extra pack and an extra promo now…

These are my top 5 non-holos from my first glance. There’s always so much more the longer you look though!

4 Likes

Additional information regarding the Scarlet & Violet set:

From this we can deduce for either of the Japanese dual sets SV1V/SV1S:

• 6 SR ex per set - 1 full art for each ex, confirmed with the JP main set reveal earlier (5 regular ex and 1 terastal ex)
  • 4 SR Supporters per set - lines up with the 4 Supporters in the main set
  • 12 Art Rares per set
  • 5 Special Art Rares per set - SAR Supporters are confirmed to return
  • 3 HR (Hyper Rare) per set

For the Hyper Rare gold:

• these will be the new gold cards (UR in JP sets)
  • rainbow HR in JP will no longer exist, at least for these sets
  • this should also mean the end of rainbow rares
  • 3 per set means 1 Pokémon ex, 1 Trainer (stadium, item, tool) & 1 Energy
  • logically the set mascot gets the highest tier rarity a.k.a. Miraidon ex & Koraidon ex

Overall, despite there being 30 cards numbered after the JP main set, the SR pool feels a lot less bloated, especially if the absence of rainbow rares is confirmed

3 Likes

Man I hope rainbows are gone, they have stayed long past their welcome imo haha

6 Likes

I love the ETB look and promos you get in them.

1 Like

cool to see all the information laid out like this.

I’m curious what the pull rates for this era will end up being.

going to take a guess and say double rare are equivalent to V pulls with the teras being VMax level?
ultra rare will be roughly the same as full art I assume.
with illustration and special illustration being outside of the set number, I’m sure these end up having chase pull numbers.

cool to see gold return, happy to see rainbow gone.

Rainbow rares are done. The evil is defeated.

Binder collecting just got easier, thank goodness.

7 Likes

Kiyotaka Oshiyama cards are :exploding_head: so glad they’re continuing to illustrate Pokemon cards. Somehow, C/U card arts just keep getting better

2 Likes