Scarlet & Violet ex Art Rares revealed!

https://www.pokebeach.com/2023/01/art-rares-return-to-scarlet-ex-violet-ex

New Art rares from SV ex Japanese set revealed this morning! What do y’all think? The Gardevoir line is gorgeous and paints such a cute story :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really like the Gardevoir line. I’m at the stage in life that the Kirlia card is depicting so it really speaks to me. Idk why but I’m also loving this slowpoke card

14 Likes

Sowsow killing it yet again.

9 Likes

First the Lunatone, then this beautiful Greavard. sowsow can’t do no wrong!

I’m so happy that Scarlet & Violet base set is going to launch with some absolute bangers. SM1 and SWSH1 were very underwhelming and put off a lot of casual collectors. SV2 should be a cracker if they give SAR cards to the starter Pokemon also.

3 Likes

I think this has been said before, but the lack of gen 9 pokemon on here is unfortunate. The base set of any gen should have as much pokemon from that gen as possible imo. One AR from all of these is too little:(

1 Like

Worth mentioning that Gardevoir ex is 101/078 for Scarlet ex so it looks like there will be at least 22+ secret rares (including the Art Rares) in each set. There’s a good chance a bunch of Paldea Pokemon will get art rare cards or full art/secret rares.

SWSH1 was also full of older fan favourites, we didn’t even get V/VMAX cards of the starters until Rebel Clash.

2 Likes

I believe they are simply holding back on revealing Pokémon that weren’t officially revealed before Scarlet & Violet released. Even with that restriction, we already have more Gen IX Pokémon than non-Gen IX;

Old (17)

Magnemite / Magneton / Magnezone
Mareep / Flaaffy / Ampharos
Ralts / Kirlia / Gardevoir
Slowpoke / (Slowbro)
Growlithe / Arcanine
Riolu / Lucario
Pachurisu
Mimikyu

New (22)

Sprigatito / (Floragato) / (Meowscerada)
Fuecoco / (Crocalor) / (Skeledirge)
Quaxly / (Quaxwell) / (Quaquaval)
Pawmi / (Pawmo) / (Pawmot)
Smoliv / (Dolliv) / (Arboliva)
Graevard / (Houndstone)
Lechonk / (Oinkologne)
Koraidon
Miraidon
Cyclizar

1 Like

This is fantastic to see! ARs being around will always be a plus in my book and seeing a whole line get that treatment through gardevoir is a omen for whats to come!

1 Like

I’m glad art rares are coming back! Hope special art rares come back as well.

Cross the finger, let’s hope there are no HRs

2 Likes

The Gardevoir ex is actually a SAR! So we got those too!

1 Like

Whoa, these are awesome! Glad to see them returning. I wonder if SARs will replace full arts (or at least rainbow rares) so that they are easier to pull in the new era.

3 Likes

So true, it’s like they didn’t want their Base sets to sell well haha. Weird moves on Pokemon’s part

We can only hope and pray no rainbow rares show up in this generation :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Classic Aoki. Love this art style!

1 Like

These new AR and SAR’s are soo much fun to collect!! I’m still working on completing my VSTAR Universe Alt arts, and after seeing these new cards coming out this month it makes me so happy to be a modern card collector. Having all of these beautiful cards together in the same binder, and just flipping through the pages is what makes these cards super fun to collect! Unique artwork, that tells a story, and is super fun to look at. Not to mention majority of them are super affordable! What more could a person ask for?!

4 Likes

What more could a person ask for?! More Alt Arts

1 Like

It’s pretty clear TPCi know what they have with alt arts, and I’m super excited to see what they come out with for Scarlet & Violet. Also, taking bets on which pokemon will be the “Moonbreon” of the SV era.

2 Likes

Clearly it will be the inevitable furry/waifu-bait Meowscarada card they make that will be way too thirsty.