Ex cards are back!

By far my favorite card type and I’m so happy they are returning! :smile:

22 Likes

This is the greatest day of my life.

24 Likes

If only they had the oldschool cosmos holofoil with sparkly borders :smiling_face_with_tear:
(I’m still hyped though)

11 Likes

now “ex bad” can finally be true

7 Likes

Looks alright. Wonder if these will be the actual chase cards like in Gen 3 or if there will be full art/alt art variants of a higher tier rarity.

3 Likes

As someone who missed EX cards the first time around, I’m pumped!

3 Likes

looks like old school galaxy holo with sparkly borders instead unfortunately

2 Likes

Doesnt really look like the original ex so as far as im concerned its a random letter change from a different random letter

17 Likes

Excited to see what’s to come! Should be fun.

1 Like

Yeah I’d say they more closely resemble the EX cards from the XY era rather than the original EX era. Still happy to see them back, though.

4 Likes

To me this implies that there are ex fans who collect based only on the fact that it says “ex” which i have yet to see. A complete ex set to literally everyone I’ve met consists of RS to PK, and after that they may as well be completely different cards because besides the 2 letters that stand for nothing they share no similarities

8 Likes

Textured ex card when?! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Please :weary:

Oh my gosh!!! Looks like a combination of 3rd gen ex mechanics with the 6th gen feel.

But that art looks familiar to me…

16 Likes

It was funny to see hype for a gimmick from like 2002

From the perspective of the audience, they were definitely trying to showcase that they want to bring evolution back into the meta and move away from extremely powerful basic pokemon. People seemed to receive that well.

They also hinted at a “crystal ex” logo which is 100% referencing the scarlet/violet gimmick

9 Likes

This is so welcome.

4 Likes

@Tapp My ex came back and took my v card. :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

It’s not my ex if the card quality isn’t bad

3 Likes

saw what u did there heh

2 Likes

:screamcry:

1 Like