“Sword & Shield Precious Collector Box” looks AMAZING

I ordered mine on the 24th and 25th. One is preparing, the other is still “order received.” I’ve seen people who ordered 20 days before me who aren’t even at preparing yet. pretty weird, but haven’t seen anything about cancellations or anything which is good.

The price is probably way up because the supply is trickling out slowly. As others have said, it was made to order, so im sure once these orders start shipping, its gonna come down. Theres just no way that people are gonna get their $170 box and not start flipping them for $600 lol. I personally didnt preorder any and im not particularly concerned at this point. A highly anticipated, exclusive, luxury item exploding in price at/ just before wide release feels pretty par for the course at this point lol! I wouldnt worry or fomo too much

this is my first Japanese pokemon product W in… maybe ever, now that I think about it. feels good, man.

I doubt.

At the end , there’s a binder, a frame and a promo.
Even at MSRP, the promo is expensive and it was “print on demand”, not a lottery. I am confident they have made a lot of them.

I would not fomo or induce it or imply it.

Im not trying to induce or imply fomo, I am in agreeance with you! If your doubt is about the “$600” figure, I’m just using the price that darkapples said earlier in the thread. Im saying that with that kinda margin on the table + the supply available, downward price pressure seems like an inevitably, meaning dont fomo bc i think the price will drop and the product will be available

1 Like

I suspect the card to settle after most of them have been shipped at between 200-300 and the card to slowly raise over time after that. Even the stamp promos that settled around 200 for the 2 promos sealed has since risen to over 300 for both sealed in the past year, despite the apparent abundance of reprints for that product.

We’re probably not going to go back to team rocket promo levels of distribution for the foreseeable future for anything other than lottery cards. But the increase in demand and printing has the added affect of more people wanting said cards regardless of higher printing and still maintaining decently high prices (like the 300$+ stamp promos a year after release).

I also find it funny that people are saying this product will be like the mega battle product implying this product won’t do ‘that well’ when the alola friends promo from that product is now between 2-3k only 3 years after release.

It was print to order but I think you could only order one

There are a few listed on mercari/buyee for 53000 yen which is 3x the price. Some initially selling 6-70k

Urgh, preordered this with Tenso back in May, I had a pending charge appear in my account on 5th November but then it disappeared. Not sure if TPC saw it was a Tenso address and thought “f that” and rescinded the order, or what, but not looking promising :man_shrugging:. Will definitely be a bit wrenching if I have to pay aftermarket prices for one :sob:

3 Likes

I had the same thing happen. I think they were just putting a hold on the card to make sure card was good

What do your order details say on the order history page?

Said it before but if your order still appears in your Pokémon Center purchase history then you will get it. I ordered the day pre-orders opened and I’m still waiting for it to dispatch so clearly demand was pretty high.

1 Like

Good question - never thought to check! :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: “preparing for shipment” so fingers crossed it’s still being processed.

Mine just got shipped!

2 Likes

A Thanksgiving Day miracle. When did you order yours?

I’m afraid my card bounced, since it never got a charged, any idea if I’m still getting it or should I try to get in touch with customer support?

Are you using a middleman? I think you’re still good, Just be patient till you hear something more. :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Hmm… I placed my order 17 hours after you. My card was charged on Oct. 27, and it’s been in “Preparing for Shipment” ever since. And I’m using Tenso as a proxy, FWIW.

Yeah, I used a Tenso adress. The second reason I’m scared is that I used my GF’s card. I’ve never had issues with that, but it could be a reason why it didn’t get charged.

I still think you’re okay. The Pokémon Center Online isn’t a particularly big operation, I’ve had problems with communication etc recently too but what I’ve ordered has always showed up. If there was a problem with the CC I think you would’ve been notified already.

2 Likes

Mine got to Tenso yesterday and just a heads up, shipping is expensive. The volume weight of the package is high. Cheapest was $55 for DHL and went up to $85 for EMS.

4 Likes