Japanese Battle Master Set

Did anyone get this set? The prices have been steadily climbing and the cards itself are worth more than the original box price.

Will it see appreciation and increases like the team rocket suitcase that came out a few years ago?

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Snagged a few and some loose cards. Won’t be like the Rocket box (IMO) as that was a smaller supply and this box was more well known. Its still fantastic art and I will be holding on to my copies, not sure the future of it, but it won’t lose value.

5 Likes

I preordered mine in August or whenever preorders opened, got it yesterday. The design reminds me of modern MTG “flashy premium Timmy boxes”, it does feel like a premium product. I also bought the Pikachu card to actually look at in person, because I love the effect of the holo lightning bolts and the Pikachu is one of the cutest designs yet. It looks so much better in videos than in photos.
I read on this forum that this product had a larger window for preorders than the Rocket case. Right now 401/sm-p is around double the price of the Pikachu. I expect Pikachu to catch up in price as soon as people realise how amazing the card looks in person. :grin:

3 Likes

The cards look awesome. They’re probably my favorite SM promos, up there with the Scream cards. I bought some, but wish I bought more.

1 Like

Got myself 2 Sets, 1 to keep for myself and 1 to Flip in a year or so.
They are currently still stuck at customs but I’m kinda shocked, that they are already going for 300 $ on eBay.
I don’t see them coming close to Team Rocket but I can see them surpassing 500 sooner or later.

4 Likes

Got two as well. Wanted to open one and sell the other one later. I think they will go up but not like the TR box as other’s said.

1 Like

Mine arrived earlier this week. I was actually waiting for this one to arrive so I could send the Alola Friends along with the Extra Battle FA Supporters and Ancient Mew ©2019 versions to PSA, hoping for some 10s.
And I agree with @burnedos, the Pikachu looks amazing in person. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Preordered 5 to sit on and see where these go :ninja:

2 Likes

One just sold for $365 auction in feebay :open_mouth:…

2 Likes

Two this week have sold for $500 Buy Now.

1 Like

Mine shipped yesterday. Can’t wait to get it

1 Like

I feel bad for the person who bought at 300 and 500 when there 180 at plaza japan

2 Likes

Gone lol

Right now there’s some hype and I expect that cards will hold a decent value (probably similar to the Mario/Pikachu cards) but I’m curious to see where they’ll go.

2 Likes

Preordered mine what feels like forever ago. Still waiting on it to arrive at the middleman in Japan :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah I saw those two but auctions seem to be a better indicator of actual floor value.

Either way, this is already pushing $400+ easily :open_mouth:

Hey guys, may I ask:
Where can i buy things from Japan? Via shops on ebay etc. it would be way to expensive.
And is there a good page/yt to keep track of the latest sets in japan?

Thanks in Advance.

bought 10 at 120, sold for 250 - next day they climb to 500.

the art of the deal.

6 Likes

I’ve bought all my Japan items from Ebay with decent deals. Also Mecha Japan has 1 left in stock but the prices sky rocketed…

meccha-japan.com/en/trading-card-game/14017-limited-collection-pokemon-box-master-battle-set.html

I havn’t used ZenMarket yet but:
zenmarket.jp/en/amazon.aspx?q=battle%2bmaster%2bset

Prices are all over the price right now though. Sold listings go from $250 - $600.