S4a Shiny Star V Megathread

S4a Sword & Shield High Class Pack **Shiny Star *V

Release Date: November 20, 2020
Price: 5500 yen

Set Description
(Translated by @hayo )

• 190 cards included + Secret rare cards.
  • 1 Box contains 10 packs (10 cards per pack).
  • 1 guaranteed V or VMAX per pack.
  • Several staples for players will be reprinted.
  • New cards will also be included, notably V, VMAX and Supporter(s) with original concepts.
  • Will contain about 190 different cards, so that even heavy buyers won’t get bored easily.
  • Many Shiny Pokémon will be included.

• 127 Shiny Cards confirmed for this set.
  • Shiny Charizard VMAX confirmed.

Pack / Booster Box Art

Shiny Charizard VMAX

Shiny Decidueye and Oranguru also revealed

New (reverse) Holo effect
(you should get 1 card like this per pack)

Many reprinted cards, some with new artwork*(we got many cards internationally before as black star promo’s)*

17 Likes

Who had another charizard for november?

Nice overview!

Pokemon company knows what’s up.

On one side I’m drooling for the shinies, on the other side… Is this going to be a bi-yearly thing? That takes away a little bit of the desirability…

I cant even understand how the next charizard will be to beat these down…

How do you guys think this will affect the sm8b shiny cards?

6 Likes

Charizard printer go brrrr.

16 Likes

When will it end?

We went from in a matter of weeks the Charizard chase being

The Japanese VMAX Charizard in the deck

The V and VMAX Charizard prize cards

The VMAX Charizard in Darkness Ablaze

The Shiny V and RR VMAX Charizard in Champion’s Path

The Charizard Prerelease promo in Vivid Voltage

The new VMAX shiny Charizard in S4a

You Charizard collectors have it rough

8 Likes

There is a potential new artwork of Zard V / VMAX coming too in the Pokemon Card Game Sword & Shield VMAX Battle Triple Starter Set on December 4.

1 Like

Box and pack art looks mad. Too many Zards recently, but its all good :blush:

1 Like

I completely read over the new reverse holo, this one looks cool (although we dont know how it shines), hopefully they will also get this in the new english sets since they have some utter crap reverses.

1 Like

Man I’m really not ready. I think I have like 3 pre ordered. Can’t find any more :sweat_smile:

I read somewhere that the shiny v champions path charizard is also in this set. Does anyone else know if that’s true?
If so then two big shiny zards and the others are sure to make this a huge success.

1 Like

oh my

2 Likes

Finally a shiny ditto!

2 Likes

I can’t complain about another Shiny Zard. That card looks mint! :grin:

For those curious about an English release, my theory is… I explained it more in my recent video (shameless plug) but Japan is getting a huge 2-box set in December for Urshifu V (new Legendary monkey) which will be around 150 cards in total.

Likely that December set will make up most of our upcoming special February 4.5 set, and they might shove in the rest of the GX Tag All Stars cards we are missing (Gold ReshiZard, 12+ full art supporters etc) to generate extra hype and sales in February, which is usually a slower month for card sales.

If they didn’t include that Japanese set in February then players will be waiting til May main set (SWSH 5) to get those cards, would be bad for the metagame and online tournaments, makes everything quite stale.

This all leaves the door open for September-November mini set 2021 to be Shiny Star V “Hidden Fates 2.0” and ride Christmas/holiday hype train.

Next Charizard to beat these down? Quite easy to answer that question.

At this rate, by the time the 25th anniversary arrives we’ll be getting an incredibly rare ‘1st Edition Shadowless Shiny Goldstar Charizard’ on every pack.

The set will be called Rezarded Generations.

1 Like

My only hope is Volcarona will get a shiny card this time.

(And hopefully another shiny Rayquaza even though it doesn’t have a V yet)

1 Like

I am pretty sure there will be no love for Bulbasaur, so this is another holiday/speciality product I will not bother with. Especially now seeing that the addition of Charizard is pushing CP to €80-110 per ETB and Pin Collections to €25-30.

They are going too hard on the Charizards. That said, however, I am loving these Charizard cards…

2 Likes

Any set with a Charizard is basically printing money.

1 Like