Shiny Treasure - 2023 JP High Class Pack

SV4a High Class Pack: Shiny Treasure ex revealed today in the Pokéca All-Star Battle 2023 -Get the Gold- livestream, serving as a direct sequel to Sword & Shield’s S4a High Class Pack: Shiny Star V in 2020. Half art shiny (SS) and shiny super rare (SSR) are returning in this set, with redesigned background gold stars

Release date: December 1, 2023
MSRP: 5500 yen

Packs per box: 10
Main set: 190 cards
Cards after the main set: 141+ cards

SV4a 201/190 SS Sprigatito
SV4a 202/190 SS Floragato
SV4a 321/190 SSR Meowscarada ex

SV4a 215/190 SS Fuecoco
SV4a 216/190 SS Crocalor
SV4a 324/190 SSR Skeledirge ex

SV4a 224/190 SS Quaxly
SV4a 225/190 SS Quaxwell
SV4a 325/190 SSR Quaquaval ex

SV4a 331/190 SSR Charizard ex

15 Likes

I’m honestly more excited for what seems like a set pair focusing on the past and future paradox pokemon. They are some of my favorites from the gen 9 roster!

Not complaining about a shiny set though :sunglasses:

3 Likes

inb4 shiny alt arts

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure this is a high class pack set. Usually the generation’s mechanic is mentioned in the set name.

SM4+ GX Battle Boost
SM8b GX Ultra Shiny
SM12a GX Tag All Stars

S4a Shiny Star V
S8b VMAX Climax
S12a VSTAR Universe

If TPC is continuing this trend, it would’ve been trademarked something like ‘Shiny ex Treasure’, so my guess is that it’s more of a (SV4a?) Gholdengo-focused subset after (SV4?) Ancient Roar and (SV4?) Future Flash

High Class Pack sets have also been released around October-December, and TPC generally trademarks their sets about 6 months prior to release. It’s too early right now

Pokebeach’s mention of high class pack sets being written in katakana means nothing as core expansion sets are also in katakana:
S9 Star Birth (スターバース)
S10D Time Gazer (タイムゲイザー)
S10P Space Juggler (スペースジャグラー)
S11 Lost Abyss (ロストアビス)
S12 Paradigm Trigger (パラダイムトリガー)
SV1S Scarlet ex (スカーレットex)
SV1V Violet ex (バイオレットex)

6 Likes

You’ve established yourself as an authority on this sorta thing. Thanks for the info. I’ll change title of the thread.

2 Likes

Had a thought that Shiny Treasure could be wordplay on ‘shiny tera’ i.e. terastal Pokémon ex. We have a bunch of upcoming sets focusing on terastal ex with different types so this concept for a high class pack is starting to become more realistic.

1 Like

I think you’re on to something. Do you think its possible the high class pack doesn’t have Ex in the name?

Would more information on this set be released by now if it wasn’t a high class pack?

1 Like

It is possible they have a reason for leaving it out. Terastal Pokémon ex so far this year all feature the same hat gimmick that is used in the games. So ex might not be the sole defining characteristic of the set theme - other Pokémon may be shiny too, for example

Although TCG doesn’t usually reference the [Pokémon Horizons] anime, it is still worth pointing out that there is a shiny Rayquaza whose body is also crystalline but does not have a hat. It is part of a lore as one of the 6 Pokémon accompanying the Ancient Traveller but the story has only just begun". This is also the first anime-original series where the manga is serialised alongside it, so it will be interesting if they draw any inspiration from this

There are 4 sets between now and Shiny Treasure so it is way too early to reveal. Probably best to wait until SV4 Ancient Roar/Future Flash are at least announced for October

1 Like

It’s Shiny Treasure ex (シャイニートレジャーex)

3 Likes

Mods please give Koala full access to this thread so he can do his thing.

Or @koala no hard feelings if you would rather start a new thread :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Its now a wiki thread that anyone can edit the OP

4 Likes

SV4a High Class Pack: Shiny Treasure ex revealed today in the Pokéca All-Star Battle 2023 -Get the Gold- livestream, serving as a direct sequel to Sword & Shield’s S4a High Class Pack: Shiny Star V in 2020. Half art shiny (SS) and shiny super rare (SSR) are returning in this set, with redesigned background gold stars

Release date: December 1, 2023
MSRP: 5500 yen

Packs per box: 10
Main set: 190 cards
Cards after the main set: 141+ cards

SV4a 201/190 SS Sprigatito (illus. kurumitsu)
SV4a 202/190 SS Floragato (illus. GIDORA)
SV4a 321/190 SSR Meowscarada ex (illus. 5ban Graphics)

SV4a 215/190 SS Fuecoco (illus. OKACHEKE)
SV4a 216/190 SS Crocalor (illus. Hideki Ishikawa)
SV4a 324/190 SSR Skeledirge ex (illus. 5ban Graphics)

SV4a 224/190 SS Quaxly (illus. GIDORA)
SV4a 225/190 SS Quaxwell (illus. Atsushi Furusawa)
SV4a 325/190 SSR Quaquaval ex (illus. 5ban Graphics)

SV4a 331/190 SSR Charizard ex (illus. 5ban Graphics)

3 Likes

Does that Charizard have rubies for wings?

Now we wait to see what else there is, because if it is just shiny Full Arts ( I don’t think it will be) this will be a yawn high-class set.

1 Like

Seeing how many baby Pokémon they are including in SV sets I having everything crossed for a shiny azurill! Maybe more likely it’ll be in a future main SV set though

1 Like

Look at my boy! So shiny and happy!

:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I think the baby shinies look better than ever. That said, if this is just the new norm for these special sets (dozens of shinies in one set dedicated to them) I’m honestly kind of over it. It’s just too much. There are so many shinies that they don’t feel even remotely special which is the opposite of the point of a shiny Pokemon.

13 Likes

Just a gen 9 version of Shiny GX and Shiny Star V then ?

Oh joy another shiny zard… Cant wait to see all the thumbnails

can already see the thumbnails coming and 3rd zard set in a row