2022's High Class Pack set? V-STAR Universe

Whatever it is, if it tops VMAX Climax (or comes anywhere near it), we are in for a phenomenal set.

1 Like

If there’s shiny variants of the eeveelution alt art Vs I am going to get financially irresponsible

8 Likes

There better not be! 1.) For my wallet. 2.) Alt arts look best when using original form/colors

1 Like

We’ve still not seen any alternate VSTARs and I’m not sure their choice of card layout lends itself very well to alternate arts anyway. What a terrible choice. Not sure if that’s the worst layout for an ultra rare card yet? Don’t recall any other rarity that has a copy and paste as part of 1/3 of the card.

If they got rid of it for CHR/CSR cards then it could rival VMAX Climax. But otherwise 70 alternate arts is too difficult to top.

And the way they present shinies doesn’t hold a candle to alternate arts, so hope it’s not shinies.

1 Like

i’ve been hoping for a set with shinies, but as alt arts, not just the pokemon with a generic background. imagining something like any of these alts with the pokemon being shiny sounds like something i will not be able to financially recover from lol

1 Like

It will be the summum of Pokemon cards, what could be better ?

1 Like

That might come in Scarlet and Violet.

Alternate arts and CHR/CSRs are the peak really, so if Pokemon felt the need to one up themselves, that’s probably the only remaining option. Don’t see what else they can do from here.

Not that I would complain about different artists taking on the same Pokemon, and there is almost no argument against these full art alternates being the final form compared to previous arts being hamstrung by borders, but the eras will start to blend together.

I suppose that could already sort of be said from BW up to SM before the Tag Team Era. I guess if you count rainbows then maybe just BW and XY. But the full arts haven’t changed much.

We all know that many of the popular Pokemon will be stars of sets in the next (and every) generation so more Charizard, Tyranitar, Eeveelution and Rayquaza alts amongst others. As a whole they will be less special but with such gorgeous art, would people dare complain (I assume so, but seriously people.)?

BW and XY were weird. they changed/added gimmicks midway through. second half of BW and first half of XY are pretty much the same with the big EXes and the full arts. early BW didn’t have the EXes, but had the full arts, and second half of XY had breaks and the mega EX full arts.

as for distinguishing between generations, they just need to do something that isn’t V pokemon and change up the card design a bit, and it should be fine.

We just got our first peak of VSTAR universe. Very exciting. It seems that it will be a set based on alt arts, or at least I hope. More specifically, that it is a set which has plenty of alt arts and generous pull rates. Maybe even a Dakrai alt art! :heart_eyes:

Mewtwo VSTAR, Suicune V, Leafeon V “VSTAR Universe” Alternate Arts Revealed! - | PokéBeach.com Forums (pokebeach.com)

2 Likes

I am guessing it will have the Leafeon and Glaceon V cards that are currently exclusive to a Chinese release, as well as alt arts of those 2 VSTAR cards. Will also be another big Charizard set.

2 Likes

That Suicune looks BEAUTIFUL.

2 Likes

Maybe a spoiler, but there is a Charizard VSTAR alt from its side of the battle with Mewtwo.

1 Like

Yes, I expect the 3 cards from the Charizard English collection box to be in VSTAR Universe

1 Like

Oh wait lol, I didn’t see the picture until now

1 Like

boss

5 Likes

Can you imagine if VSTAR Universe is THE alt art set; knocks it out of the park with incredible artwork and excitement from fans, and then they never do alt arts again.

I know that’d never happen. But on a serious note, I am vibrating with excitement for what’s to come! I’m sure VSTAR Universe is going to be amazing. :')

2 Likes

you take that back right now. if they stop doing alts, i will figuratively cry

1 Like

Well, they dropped AAs for 1 year/4 sets(more in JP) for the start of SWSH.

Hopefully they don’t do the same for Scarlet and Violet.

Take those away from Battle Styles onward and see what the highest valued card is after. Not saying that value = worth collecting, but more the opposite, most of the set is not worth collecting, so the prices are lower.

1 Like

If this is true its going to break the internet!

1 Like

No AAs would suck but it would at least make the 2021-2022 Japanese sets a really fun collecting niche for years to come I think.

2 Likes