“Sword & Shield Precious Collector Box” looks AMAZING

The LE Master battle set had 2 fantastic promos in a great looking box with plenty of other items, but higher print run than Team Rocket imo. This Precious Collection had 2 waves that you could order from, many people like myself ordered from both. Just don’t see it moving anywhere like the Rocket Case, those cards and that idea were just so masterfully done.

Oh it definitely will not perform like the Rocket case. I was more referring to the “not quite as strong” as the LEMBS. Shame the Precious Promo doesn’t have the Moonbreon on it somewhere – it would stonk out if it did.

Got charged on 11/6, pretty excited to get this box and with the Yen being weak, seems like a great price. Was a little surprised there isn’t much talk about this now that’s it’s close to being shipped. Since only getting 1, will be keeping it sealed.

1 Like

All the gear is nice but it only includes one promo. It’s not a strong investlord/insta influenza product IMO unless it gets shilled. It’s was made to order so everyone and their grandma who wanted one could get it. Demand was well and truly met.

somehow, i missed both opportunities to order this product, so im REALLY hoping it doesn’t stonk tf out because i’d really enjoy grabbing a couple of the promos. I’d like the whole product, to be honest lol.

also, i think the swsh hype gets overestimated sometimes; it can feel like people expect things to be hype, so they become hype, in anticipation of being hype and it just becomes this weird hype cycle where everyone gets gassed due to the prospect of things being hype lol

I think this is more similar to the gold box rather than limited master battle set. It’s going to be printed in multiple Asian languages and won’t be as sought after.

Promos like this used to be Japanese exclusive, but now have international releases. True Japanese exclusive is rare these days. Maybe that’s why the stamp box promos are doing okay.

1 Like

I honestly wasn’t aware it was getting international release — gonna have to agree that the stonk forecast is looking less and less likely

Will this be printed in English?

I deleted my comment. I was unaware this had a high probability to be printed in English. If so, it probably won’t have the same trajectory as master battle. The promo still looks really nice.

Didn’t know it was going to be printed internationally when they announced the box, kinda disappointed now.

On paper, wide availability shouldn’t affect your appreciation of something. But as a collector… I obviously get where you’re coming from.

I still think the Japanese product (as with the entire TCG most of the time) will be superior and more scarce than the other regional versions.

At least on the sw & sh block, we havent had any single “set” card that is not released in English as well, which is something new.

In promos, we’ve gotten a lot of the promos Japan did, so it seems japanese exclusive are getting more rare nowadays.

Japanese media companies can’t ignore international markets these days. I’m amazed at how even a lot of the latest anime has an English dub ready to go day and date with the Japanese release these days. If the product isn’t specifically tailored for Japanese market (Pokémon Center opening promos, stamp promos etc) then I don’t see how any card doesn’t get a release overseas.

2 Likes

It was relatively “common” that some years ago (3+) that they didnt release them but as you mentioned, they can’t ignore the international market anymore.

1 Like

Idk i kinda like when they ignore the international market lol japanese cards being exclusive can make collecting them feel a bit more insulated, and thus special and even more intimate. Especially when the english release gets a yellow border and a boring release in some shoddy collection box with mixed packs. Idk if thats irrational and elitist of me, so i apologize if this offends anyone, i just like how Japan feels more focused and developed in the way they release specific cards in specific ways. Like idk why ScVi preorders in Japan get free art books and promo cards, and we get 100 pokeballs. That shit is ass, tpci

2 Likes

FYI, on a side note, celebration fanfare will be released in Chinese. Bye bye Japanese exclusives?

Celebration Fanfare is similar to Victory Proof, they are tied to a region’s organized play system. Since TPC also manages organized play in southeast Asian regions (and possibly Mainland China) now, I wasn’t surprised that these cards would eventually made their way to all the said regions.

Cards that are very specific to a region’s culture or local trend however won’t gain as much attention when released to other regions, so cards like the stamp promos or PC openings mentioned above have less chance to be released globally than Celebration Fanfare.

4 Likes

Hmm Anyone has their card statement charge dissappear? Mine was pending at first then it disappeared.

I do like Japanese exclusive promos. Guess it does make sense that more are coming out in Chinese, Thai, and English.

If you’re not caught up on completing Masaki, VS series, Player Ceremony, Game Boy, and the various Pikachu, Prize, and Players club promos…there’s still loads of satisfaction to be had! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine never appeared and I’m getting worried haha, didn’t get an e-mail either