Special Delivery Charizard Lottery

“The Pokémon Company International have opened a new Promo Card giveaway for people in the US, UK and Canada. If you sign up through the official site, then within the next 12 weeks you will receive a code to redeem in the Pokémon Center with orders over £20/$20 to get a free Special Delivery Charizard promo card. This promo card has yet to be given out globally”

Direct link: Pokémon Special Charizard Card Code Giveaway

14 Likes

28 Likes

So the day has come.

Pikachu and Bidoof have obviously retained their value as quite expensive promos. I wonder if Charizard will be printed in immense quantity in an attempt to answer to that.

2 Likes

Personally not a big zard fan but this will def be a great card to own to go with my special delivery bidoof if I got a code… and it’s just a cool promo in general

1 Like

US mailing address? Guess I am Jeff Jefferson from New York now

9 Likes

Chad Freedom from Liberty Island reporting in.

6 Likes

I really like the Special Delivery cards and hope they continue them in the future. They’re kind of becoming a little mini promo set, I like it!

6 Likes

Better late than never! I just hope they release a similar quantity to stamp promos.

6 Likes

Is this the first of the website promos that is also available to UK addresses?

That alone should indicate a bigger population of cards. A whole additional territory would be eligible for the promotion. I think Pikachu was just US, Bidoof was US and Canada, and this is all three, right?

5 Likes

It is all three, but I think it depends if they printed more of them or not. Presumably these were ready to go almost two years ago, and it likely wasn’t going to be for UK back then. This part is just speculation obviously, but I feel like they most likely had these printed before they even released Special Delivery Pikachu, since it’s the promo card right after it. Meaning their print run at that point wouldn’t have been compensating for how crazy the Special Delivery Pikachu release was.

My point is, did they print whatever they printed a year and a half ago and leave it at that? Or did they print more after that to both accommodate for the extra country and to make it so what happened with Special Delivery Pikachu doesn’t happen again?

1 Like

I’m curious how stringent they’ll be with the “lottery” format. For Bidoof they called it a lottery too but to my knowledge everyone who applied for one got one.

1 Like

Five of my friends and myself all applied for the Bidoof and none of us got codes.

4 Likes

I did not know this. Huh.

I can attest to the fact that not everyone who registered got a code… :')

5 Likes

I truly did not realize not everyone got a code. Now I am worried I won’t get one of these ones. CATER TO ME, TPC!! PLEASE!!

1 Like

I missed out on Bidoof too, really hoping to get one of these.

1 Like

I’m just wondering if I get one, what I should spend $20 on.

I assumed there would be something on that whole website that I wanted but last time I really couldn’t find anything that interested me at all. So I bought two pin sets that were like $11 a piece, then I just returned them both once I got the promo. The return was easy and free.

2 Likes

That’s the play! Didn’t even think of that. Was trying to see how I could get the most Pokémon go cards for $20, as they only set I’d be mildly interested in, but rather the return. Probably won’t even get a code now haha

Entered!

1 Like