S6a Eevee Heroes Megathread

The greatest modern set is here. Pokemon money printer go BRRRRR

33 Likes

Whelp, Chilling Reign had a good run, time to forget about it and focus on this set.

15 Likes

Please have a good Flareon card, you can do it Eevee Heroes

Edit #1: After looking at the Flareon V & VMax I’m lowkey disappointed. Back to 5Ban for the V’s, which I will admit they look better than the other artwork 5Ban has produced in the past but IMO it’s still not great. The VMax’s look weak in comparison to the Espeon promo, that thing is gorgeous. I’m hoping that there will be some FA’s that provide some redemption.

4 Likes

Most of these cards will likely be in our August English set, since the Eevee card shows it looking at Rayquaza in the sky, and Rayquaza V/VMAX is going to be the star of one of Japan’s upcoming sets. Our English set is going to be stacked…imagine the alt art Eeveelutions in the same set as an alt art Rayquaza! Its definitely looking like reality at this point.

2 Likes

WOTC-Only collectors trying not to care about this set

38 Likes

Japan please calm down! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

15 Likes

So what’s the deal with that gorgeous alternate art promo? Is it like the recent Celebi where it comes with 2x booster boxes and I’ll have no choice but to grab them individually off of eBay?

Comes with the special box

It’s only in the Eeveelutions Box - Probably only available in person (one per person) at Pokemon Centers and/or through a lottery on the Pokemon Center website.

It will likely be harder to get than Kanazawa as it only contains Eevee Heroes packs (Kanazawa was a mix) and it’s generally a lot more attractive to Eevee fans. This also has a deckbox.

3 Likes

Anyone else think even 5ban have really stepped it up for this set?

The standard eeveelution V arts actually looks nicely stylized instead of the same default CG crap they’ve been putting out for years. Jolteon in particular!

4 Likes

Absolutely. I didn’t even realise they were 5Ban when I first saw the images.

I’m hyped to have them on a binder page with this in the middle! :fire::fire:

1 Like

Thanks. I saw something about a VMax Special Set which looks to have a special pack in it front and center, and thought the promo card might be that (so what’s that pack then?).

Crap. I’ve never needed a promo box so bad. I’m going to be chasing these all year …

Yep - VMAX Special Set will be the same style as the one from last year.

8 packs, 1 VMAX Eeveelution promo (not special arts) and 2 holo energy cards.

www.pokemon-card.com/products/s/sp4.html

Yes – was just about to call this out. I noticed it on the Gengar. There’s texture… and depth… and contrast!

6 Likes

I want a full binder completely filled with just that Espeon Promo.

3 Likes

Pokémon is going in such a beautiful direction with all of these alternative art cards. I’m in love!

2 Likes

I agree. I haven’t been into a lot of Modern. Hidden Fates is the second most popular set of all time and when I see those cards I just think “well if I wanted bland CG I’d just turn on Sword and Shield.” Never got the hype.

THESE cards though. Espeon, Celebi and the others, they make me want to collect them like a kid again.

Anybody know where I can get hold of this set at all? I want to complete the set so need a few boxes I imagine.

Then undoubtedly going to have to pick up the secrets and full arts on eBay or something :man_facepalming:

Noticed that as well. I like the background of the cards, especially the Leafeon:

I also love the Common Eevee with the Rayquaza in the sky:

@tonysandlin Also contains another Voltorb/Electrode. :sweat: Luckily not golden this time.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

This is a collectors set for sure. Can’t wait to pay out the arse for the box. I’m not missing this one like I did with the Kanazawa.