S6a Eevee Heroes Megathread

It’s interesting that they chose to make Sylveon psychic. I think it would have worked better as a colorless Pokémon rather than giving Eevee two psychic evolutions.

I’m curious as to why Pokémon have released an incomplete card list - they normally put out the full set. I’m assuming the presence of a Rayquaza in the Eevee art will mean the set will also feature a Rayquaza card in there somewhere.

Putting that promo in the special box is kind of a dick move lol. They pretty much just raised the desirability by about 10x at a time when demand is already through the roof and they can’t even keep enough stock of regular products. I mean, they were going to sell out of this product regardless. No doubt people are going to pay crazy prices trying to get that box. Not exactly the most socially responsible thing Nintendo and Pokemon have ever done. I really hope they print a lot of this or at least make it available over many waves.

yeah just be like me, ignore what it costs and preorder from the most reputable seller you can find on eBay.

1 Like

Maybe we just have to accept the fact that we can’t catch them all (immediately) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pokémon releasing an exciting product = not socially responsible and a dick move. Got it.

17 Likes

How does Japanese to English work? Did someone say we’ll be getting this set in August?

Live look into tpci as they look at what Japan is creating while piecing together our sets, evaluating what works best together and how each promo Japan released gets its fair spotlight over here too.

1 Like

A bunch of the cards are decent for tournaments so most likely the majority will be in August SWSH7 main set.

Japan’s proper 25th anniversary set (think probably CP6) is estimated for September so that will be put into our October special set.

They are doing their best to ensure we don’t wait months and months for cards in the west now so that both of our tournament formats are a bit more synchronised.

I’m comparing Tomokazus first foray into the Pokemon scene with his Voltorb from Vending vs his latest one in this set. I love the evolution of his style, but that Vending Voltorb will always be the Chad Voltorb. Its so damn good. His use of colors in his newer illustrations are really stunning, though. Love it.

8 Likes

I think it’s an exciting product at the wrong time, as far as Japan goes anyway. Especially as coronavirus cases climb again and how peoples desire to go out right now and buy things (essential or not essential) perhaps has some effect on driving up the cases, and that desire is being driven further by hot products still being released. That’s all. Just like the Olympics are an exciting event, but maybe it’s not the right time either. Not saying the two are equal, of course, but I think companies with a hungry audience should have some responsibility. People going crazy for PS5 and flooding stores wasn’t generally considered a cool look either, even though PS5 is cool and exciting and everyone wants one. These things tend to have a snowball effect. People let down their guard down if they think things are just normal. Maybe it’s finally time to put the brakes on a little bit? Is that entirely Nintendo/Pokémon’s responsibility? Should they just shut up shop? Of course not, but they could play their part in deflating some peoples optimism for going out and spending here, especially as they are likely to come out from this situation fairly unscathed.

It would probably be okay if the vast of majority of shoppers in Japan did things solo, but mostly it’s people in groups, especially younger people or people with more expendable income who are attracted to this kind of stuff and still want to go out shopping, and everything associated with that like eating out and drinking. These also happen to be the people driving up coronavirus case numbers recently. So why not just hold back a little bit? The products will still be there. This is my personal feeling with current Japanese consumer culture in general at this time. It’s also a frustration felt by many people. Yes, I still go out occasionally, but I do try to do it responsibly but even that is probably not the safest thing to do.

It’s also unfortunate that this product will sell out quickly online, and people will unfortunately have to pay premium prices, on things which really shouldn’t need to have premium prices. I know this is contentious, especially for people where price or being able to get products is less of an issue, and of course nothing related to Pokémon is an essential purchase, so perhaps it’s a non-issue.

Japan is clearly on the brink of a pretty dire situation, so all I can say is hopefully people spend their money and time wisely.

1 Like

So what you are saying is Pokemon products need to be bland or unappealing until the virus is over so people don’t go out and buy them? I’m sorry but that is one of the most rediculous things I’ve ever heard and just makes no sense. With the way Pokemon is right now they could release literally anything and people would still be out there buying it so this changes nothing.

10 Likes

New cards come out
I like the cards/set because I collection eeveelutions
Hopefully I can find the cards

That’s about it for me - that’s my entire train of thought.

Going to need a few boxes though, need to display that full boxart.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if Amiami are going to put up pre-orders for boxes or not?

I feel like they usually do it a lot in advance (for Silver Lance and Jet Black Poltergeist for example) but I haven’t seen any eevee heroes products at all so I’m a bit confused.

Gotta do a side by side :blush:

26 Likes

I have yet to buy packs since collecting for a little under a year. This may be the first set I do because it just looks amazing! :blush:

1 Like

I have more fun opening modern right now than vintage. There is such a great variety of art + the surprise of new cards makes it feel like the 90s again.

6 Likes

This is going to be a phenomenal release and a load of fun. Definitely one you can’t miss. I think I know more people looking forward to this than the 2019-2020 Charizard blitz.

The Espeon is gorgeous, but I’m still soaking up the 175/S-P Celebi V promo. So I’ll enjoy Espeon next month.

Hopefully this set also gets the 2019 Reprint treatment and has a lot of future waves. I want this to be an accessible set long term, but I don’t think availability fears are invalid. That said, I can’t think of a time I was more willing to drop an extra 50 bucks to enjoy the fun of a release up front.

I also think this one will be awesome for kids. Eeveelutions are incredibly tradable. They’re all great and it’s easy to rank the ones you love most. I think you’ll find a lot of wonder in the younger collectors surrounding this experience. I agree that this is some of the better work from 5ban and that the cards have a lot of story to tell.

Looking forward to the secret rare leaks! Hopefully they keep up with the epic alternates we saw recently in Rapid Strike/Single Strike and Silver Lance/Jet Black Poltergeist. Both had breathtaking depth/endearing whimsy baked into their art.

13 Likes

Agreed - modern has been absolutely fire lately. Pokémon has been upping their game significantly. This generation of kids may look back to these sets in 10-15 years from now and feel that same nostalgia most of us feel with WOTC. Also - shit maybe I shouldn’t wait for those Celebi promos to drop back to $50 each may never happen.

1 Like

[/quote]
Agreed - modern has been absolutely fire lately. Pokémon has been upping their game significantly. This generation of kids may look back to these sets in 10-15 years from now and feel that same nostalgia most of us feel with WOTC. Also - shit maybe I shouldn’t wait for those Celebi promos to drop back to $50 each may never happen.[/quote]

I feel like they have maintained that due to the lack grading ease that would give more of a hierarchy but if you are starting to see the price of Japan direct seller’s cards increasing it may be a good time to buy for sure

Kanazawa 2.0 on drugs. Espeon card and Eevee box art looks great.