Skyscraping Perfect / Blue Sky Stream Megathread

S7D Skyscraping Perfect / S7R Blue Sky Stream.

Duraludon (Gigantamax) VMAX and Rayquaza (Dynamax) VMAX are coming in July.

Dual (main expansion) set.

• This set will contain 67 cards + ? ? ? (SR cards or better)
  • This set will release on July 9, 2021
  • Price: 4950 yen
  • 1 Booster box includes 30 packs
  • 1 pack includes 5 cards

Set information Skyscraping Perfect / Blue Sky StreamThis has been translated by @hayo , please note that this is a quick translation and some errors could be made.

Meta-defining power! Duraludon VMAX and Rayquaza VMAX!

1)New VMAXes with overwhelming power!
These new Pokémon VMAXes have poweful attacks allowing them to deal huge amounts of damage, as well as stats that will definitely make players want to build decks around them. These new cards are comparable to Eternatus VMAX in their ability to define the meta and drive conversations.

2) Pushing Single Strike and Rapid Strike to the limit!
Duraludon is a Single Strike Pokémon, while Rayquaza is a Rapid Strike Pokémon. In conjuction with all the existing support for these archetypes, they are guaranteed to make for some frightening combos.

3) For the first time, enjoy double-sets Sealed Battles!
These sets have also been designed with Sealed battles in mind. Choose either of the sets to open packs from and build you Sealed deck! (At the current time no Sealed Battle events have been decided. We will inform you as soon as they are)

3 Likes

That rayquaza vmax is gonna be a pricey one. Hopefully it has good artwork

2 Likes

If they continue with the trend they seem to be setting the alternate art should be as gorgeous as expensive.

2 Likes

Rayquaza set, my body is ready

1 Like

Can’t wait when I can preorder the rayquaza themed set and start ripping it. Considering how art has been lately… looks like this set might also have fantastic art to enjoy

Some card reveals: www.pokebeach.com/2021/06/blissey-jigglypuff-more-revealed-from-s7

I haven’t added to my quaint Jigglypuff side collection in like 3 years, but I think I found my new favorite Jigglypuff card:

Reminds me of the patch of grass/flowers you’d see Jigglypuff right before entering Mt. Moon in the original games.

1 Like

Checkmate Atheists

26 Likes

I might be out of touch…but does anyone like Duraludon?
Like… at ALL?
Even the tiniest little bit?

Seems weird to have it headline a set…

Now Machop. Oooo baby, THAT’S a Pokemon!

Is this the only thread on the set? Because if yes, people really are not excited about Duraludon.
I’ve seen some new cards in Chinese and thought they were leaks, but apparently they come from the official Taiwanese site?
Anyway, I’m a bit sad to see that the new Regis don’t get their own set or at least the same treatment as the legendary birds.

Japan prints the Taiwan/HK sets identical to their own starting from s4 Amazing Volt Tackle (s4F - same name) so the set number on the Chinese cards is the same

1 Like

Holos

S7D Skyscraping Perfect
(Water) Ludicolo
(Psychic) Galarian Articuno
(Fighting) Galarian Zapdos
(Dark) Galarian Moltres
(Metal) ??
(Dragon) Dialga
(Dragon) Hydreigon
(Dragon) Kyurem
(Colourless) Slaking

S7R Blue Sky Stream
(Grass) Jumpluff
(Fire) Victini
(Water) ?? - Kingdra?
(Lightning) Regieleki
(Fighting) Landorus
(Dragon) Zygarde
(Dragon) Regidrago
(Dragon) ?? - Palkia?
(Colourless) ??

1 Like

It…Its SO CUTE! AAAAHH

1 Like

This is all that matters

12 Likes

Oh, amazing artwork as well! :blush: I’m still not a fan of the holofoil pattern, but the artworks most of these holofoil cards have are very well done.

EDIT: Thanks to @muk I’m also looking up cards from certain illustrators that look unfamiliar by name when I like one of their artworks, and I must say I like each of kodama’s artworks mentioned on the (possibly incomplete) Bulbapedia list (except for the Tauros). Didn’t even knew some of those FA Supporters or that Pikachu were done by him/her.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Some of the Secret Rares have been revealed for the Japanese Sky Stream and Towering Perfection sets, which will release two days from now on July 9th, 2021. The alternate Secret Rares keep spitting fire during this SwSh era! :heart_eyes:

Some of these cards will most likely also be included in the English set in August, Evolving Skies, which will be a mixture of these sets and Eevee Heroes most likely.

Greetz,
Quuador

12 Likes

@quuador, Moved your post to our dedicated thread!

So many awesome special arts!

1 Like

The Rayquaza Vmax is amazing. I feel like the Pokemon tcg is in such a good place in terms of the artwork that is being produced. A few years back I would look at whole sets and nothing would excite me but every set now has cards I want.

6 Likes

Apparently I can’t search, since I did briefly check if there was already a thread before posting it… Probably a bit too briefly. :wink: Thanks for merging.

Greetz,
Quuador

Those Dragonite And Rayquaza V/ VMAX Alt Arts are incredible!

2 Likes

I can´t keep up anymore, too many good cards.

6 Likes