PoGo Set Huge Info Dump (Shiny Kanto Starters Confirmed)

“Gear up for battle like never before as Pokémon GO meets the Pokémon Trading Card Game! Dragonite VSTAR and Mewtwo VSTAR show off immense powers, while Melmetal VMAX in its Gigantamax form smashes the competition. Appearing as sought-after Shiny Pokémon, Radiant Venusaur, Radiant Charizard, and Radiant Blastoise bring dazzling new strategies to the battlefield. Meanwhile, the leaders of Team Instinct, Team Mystic, and Team Valor are ready to show their support in the Pokémon TCG: Pokémon GO expansion!”

www.pokebeach.com/2022/04/first-pokemon-go-tcg-cards-and-products-revealed

For those who have been under a rock and aren’t sure what Radiant Pokemon are/look like, essentially they are the new version of Gold Stars.
-1 Radiant Pokemon per deck (same as gold stars)
-Basic Pokemon regardless of if it is an evolved pokemon or not normally (same as gold stars)
-Shiny form of the pokemon (same as gold stars)

These are textured in ways similar to shining legends, but also have a foil overlay that looks sort of holographic. I’ve only seen the Japanese version in person and they look awesome!

Pokemon also revealed Radiant Eevee which will be a promo for the PoGo set:

Japanese version which shows the foil style and texture:

Please note that English scans tend to not show the foil or texture

Past revealed Radiant Pokemon so far from other sets:

4 Likes

The Eevee is so nice. I love all the different colored gems in the background representing all the different forms.

1 Like

the premium collection box comes with a playmat of the artwork as well which is pretty awesome

3 Likes

Since Radiant Charizard is dropping safe to assume Radiant Rayquaza won’t appear here?

1 Like

gimme gimme more gimme more gimmme gimme more

3 Likes

A pin for my Zapdos collection, many Eevees for my Eevee collection, and yet this card is the one that excites me most:

3 Likes

likely not here. there is a good chance there won’t be a radiant ray. seems like the main set versions are one per type and even if they do represent the dragon type, i hope they pick a pokemon that hasn’t received so much shiny love. with that said, i wouldn’t be upset if we got another shiny ray lol

The radiants don’t look nearly as good in English, but this set is still turning out much better than I first thought! I’m still on the fence with Astral Radiance, but just pre-ordered a bunch of this set to open.

2 Likes

Great selection of Pokemon! Also really like the nods to the game. Blissey in the gym is too accurate!

4 Likes

Im so excited for this set!

Blissey in a red gym, wonder if they found all of the gyms I take…

3 Likes

In case anyone hasn’t seen it, the PC ETB and Radiant Eevee boxes are up for preorder right now:

Pokemon Center ETB: www.pokemoncenter.com/product/290-85033/pokemon-tcg-pokemon-go-pokemon-center-elite-trainer-box-plus

Radiant Eevee collection: www.pokemoncenter.com/product/290-85052/pokemon-tcg-pokemon-go-premium-collection-radiant-eevee

3 Likes

The English versions look bad compared to the Japanese one… that yellow border….

The eevee one looks kinda cool with the different colors.

1 Like

I completely disagree. I think the japanese radiants look like stickers which has no appeal to me. The english one look like cards and i collect cards not stickers.

1 Like

cool looking set! not the biggest fan of the badge in the corner but a lot of great art so far. looks like this is readily available on poke center too which is nice.

1 Like

This set is looking really fun so far. I love the Magikarp card where there’s a swarm of them. I would love to see an alt art of it with maybe a shiny or two in the background in the spirit of community day! Looking forward to seeing more from the set.

4 Likes

*legendary collection enters the chat*

1 Like

a new mechanic was revealed where a card with the ditto icon at the bottom is actually a sticker layer that peals to reveal a ditto

twitter.com/i/status/1527571606603812865

3 Likes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2z9Vaztij4

timestamp 4:40

Kinda cool. Imagine pulling your chase card only to get a ditto XD

3 Likes

KOMIYA BIDOOF!! I can die a happy man

13 Likes

The Ditto idea has a lot of potential! I hope they expand upon the idea it a bit more though.

2 Likes