Single Strike Master/Rapid Strike Master Megathread

Haven’t seen a thread talking about these sets yet and as we just got some big reveals today I figured I would make one. We got shown most of the cards today and the set comes out next Friday January 22nd. I’m pretty excited. What is everybody else thinking?

www.pokeguardian.com/582443_s5i-s5r-single-strike-master-rapid-strike-master-set-list-revealed

On top of these cards announced we also got some amazing special arts revealed for Tyranitar and Empoleon:

32 Likes

This mawile is actually so sick

mimikyu too

12 Likes

Nice, the Commons an Uncommons look really good. Big focus on backgrounds and dynamic artworks it seems. Komiya is killing it again, but sui, sowsow, Kimura etc. have some great contributions as well!

3 Likes

Right? The art is just fantastic in this set. I’m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

This as art is incredible. Seeing Tyranitar In a different settings doing something other than destroying a mountain with hust one arm…

7 Likes

Yet another top tier Houndoom card. If this goes on, I might become a Houndoom collector :open_mouth:

7 Likes

I LOVE that they’re doing special arts for the regular Pokemon now. These were the highlight of the Tag Team era and I’m really looking forward to seeing unique takes on Pokemon from now on. The regular full arts were awesome, but they didn’t really afford much artistic freedom. The special arts (as we can see) allow for deeper stories and an artists’ talents and personality to come through!

Can you imagine a sowsow special art? Komiya? Hell, even the traditional artists like Arita would do amazing cards. So excited for the next few sets now!

19 Likes

Same, I’m really looking forward to see how far they go with these special arts.

HYOGONOSUKE again. Awesome artwork.

2 Likes

Such a good boy! :dog:

6 Likes

I loooove those full arts. I think pokemon are finally realizing how much the playerbase appreciates actual interesting noncgi full art cards. I still hate the little labels on the top right that make each card look like a cheap promo…

Definitely going to grab one of the Tyranitar alternate arts. Super fun.

2 Likes

Let’s start a #ban5ban :wink:

1 Like

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

12 Likes

Okay, Pokemon. I see you. This looks promising already!

2 Likes

Really excited for the art in this set, lots of cool commons and uncommons, but even a lot of the regular V cards seem to have better art than usual.

12 Likes

When this set was first revealed I really didn’t think I was going to be interested, but now after seeing the first few artworks I’m honestly blown away. There are some really good artworks there. This looks really promising.

1 Like

I really hope they give us a full art Phoebe, I need Hoenn Élite Four member full arts. Drake would be a really cool one too.

3 Likes

Anyone else refreshing Pokebeach every hour to check if new alternate arts are revealed or do I just have a crippling addiction to modern?

5 Likes

Stores usually get their product on Monday or Tuesday before launch, not long to go now! :blush:

1 Like