Share some Music

My music taste is too broad.
Like a bit of everything… Rap, nu metal, Britpop, British rock. Indie, alternative, classic rock, metal, hardcore, screamo, emo, industrial etc… Then had a while of hard nrg, trance, electro, hardstyle, terror, chilled…

And then some classical and piano as well. Experiencing more Jpop and jrock in Japan now ^.^

Went to alot of live music events growing up, but now don’t have the time.
I think I went through most phases.

I don’t like reggae much as it reminds me of a dentist I used to go to, and some 90s rnb and modern pop, and some.modern dnb and electronic music. But some modern stuff I really love as well, it’s so mixed feels.

YouTube links:

David Bowie / placebo (alternative)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TOE3bRGaYI

Killswitch engage (melodic metal)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUDls2PgDUY

The strokes (alternative rock)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gwbXjHNcwA

Bring me the horizon (soft… Screamo this song.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV5709EG5M

Babymetal (Japanese kawaii metal)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY
If it puts a smile on my face. Makes me feel something different in a unique euphoric way, I probably like it.

There is so much deeper more messed up music I can post, but thought I’d keep it simple.

2 Likes

The most beautiful song in existence (imo)

Some other goodies:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU

1 Like

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuWTcmjnEGY

Was trying to think of something original to post. I watched the movie this came from (Sing Street) on Netflix about a year ago now and every so often this song still gets stuck in my head. It’s a fun song. I actually gave it a re watch a couple weeks back and I like the few original songs that go along with the movie and then they play/cover some other good music as well. Wiki describes the movie as a “2016 musical coming-of-age comedy-drama”. Low budget, premiered at Sundance and won a few smaller awards nominated for a Golden Globe. I’d recommend you give it a watch/listen if you are looking for something to watch. I know I occasionally hit those Netflix ruts where it seems like there isn’t anything good on there.

2 Likes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQWZK5U233s

What a great song

1 Like

I like everything. My tastes are super eclectic but here’s some gems.

UK hip hop -

Just an absolute tune by Jehst.

Four Owls.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe39KRYSjc8

Lunar C is a beast:

I love Faye Wong’s cover of the Cranberries - Dreams. If you’re into cinema and haven’t seen Chungking Express - check it out. Classic HK cinema.

4 Likes
3 Likes

i doubt anyone likes this :sunglasses:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7sP6t1QyrI

2 Likes

Typically into metal and prog rock, but love anything with a nice instrumental! Anyways here’s a beautiful piece by one of my favorite guitarists.

2 Likes

My music taste preference is all over the place. :grin:

Trance / Techno / Hands up:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=80BGEthNXN0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItIaWAjI_4

Pop:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc

Rock / Metal:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyAHwI_Bznk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np_1j1nwyiY

Nightcore:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o05j4V4e9M0

Acapella group:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80FsZDTgn0

(Chaos Pad) Beat Box:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA72-mzHkAY

It’s faster to state the genres I don’t like… :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Love classical. I played in a community orchestra for 5 years:)

3 Likes

My musical preference is all over the place. I love interpol most. I have been to all their texas shows over the last decade.

I cannot get this song out of my head! Watch Babylon Berlin (Netflix) first for the best experience of this song. In context it’s really enchanting.

3 Likes

My most favorite band ever.

4 Likes

#Br00tal. I don’t listen to LoG all that much but I know the drummer from that band also plays for Blotted Science, one of my favorites! :blush:

1 Like
3 Likes

Handmade Cities is a tune! If you like instrumental rock, try Polyphia’s first two albums or Super Colossal by Joe Satriani.

3 Likes

Chris Adler is gifted with ligtning hands and feet. His double base is epicly smooth. Their guitarist, his brother Willie is equally talented.

1 Like

@guangsta didn’t think anybody would’ve ever mentioned Jehst. You have good taste in music!

You all have great taste but I’m really shocked no one else picked the best of all time.

The King, for your listening pleasure…

12 Likes

Great picks! I’ve listened to both extensively lol, there’s too many great instrumental bands nowadays! AAL, CHON, Blotted Science, Mammoth, Intervals, Nick Johnston, Jakub Zytecki, The Helix Nebula, I Built The Sky, Super Guitar Bros, the list is endless! It’s kind of a niche genre though so I feel like none of them get the recognition they deserve :confused:

@ivindicatei he is an amazing drummer! For technical metal I’ve been listening to a lot of The Faceless lately, crazy talented band! :blush:

1 Like