New Viper music video - 'Snorlaxx'

Yesterday one of the greatest musicians of all time - Viper - released his new hit single ‘Snorlaxx’ which was produced in collaboration with Russano AE. For the uninitiated, Viper is still best known for one of his earlier works, ‘You’ll cowards don’t even smoke crack’, and has expanded is exceptional music career from there ever since.

Viper’s new release is probably the biggest milestone yet for Pokemon to become a mainstream phenomenon. Consequently, leading investing experts anticipate a 420% growth rate of all cards featuring Snorlax over the course of the next 69 days. You heard it here first.

Enjoy :blush:

9 Likes

Ima let you finish but Fat Nick already put PSA Pokemon on the map.

But seriously that song isn’t bad. I like the video and seeing people embrace that nostalgia.

5 Likes

This post reminded me of the death metal band called Snorlax that released an album this year. Pretty good stuff if you’re into that type of music.

4 Likes

I meant to send you this video. So glad you know about it!! #fatnick haha. Also… as if Viper comes up on E4 wtf my worlds just collided.

2 Likes

Australia has been cooking quality since dISEMBOWELMENT. Although not a name without subjectivity it’s up to you to decide. I couldn’t miss this catch meanwhile on topic.:wink: Standard blackened death.
Haunter - Sacramental Death Qualia

2 Likes

Yeah, dISEMBOWELMENT is great. I have a soft spot for old-school death/doom metal in general with other bands like Winter, Dusk, Mythic etc.

1 Like

It’s that album that to me where spacey funeral doom really developed among the likes of Esoteric or Worship. Heard Winter yet didn’t get the hype sadly and will check out the other two but from the looks of it are similar. Thank you, recs are always appreciated! :slight_smile:

Esoteric’s sound is pretty unique. A few other more lesser known extreme doom bands that also experiment with the standard formula would be: Below The Sun, Wolvserpent and Šiškin Les.

As for modern Death/Doom bands, some of my favorites include: Ophis, Façade, Indesinence and Spectral Voice. I could recommend doom metal bands all day… :grin:

1 Like

They’re alright but are in that average puddle. Ophis weren’t bad. Wouldn’t mind getting around Šiškin Les again as its more in the drone territory. Below The Sun and Façade have potential. Doom sadly gets watered down in the short terms into a pedantic bore despite having consistent occasional recoupments hore heavily in every sense than other genres in it’s longer lifespan.

[EDIT] Hey @draug it was rude of me to not share my side of what hit me most on last decade’s doom. Main two were Elysian Blaze - Blood Geometry and Evoken’s Atra Mors. To some degree P.H.O.B.O.S - Atonal Hypermnesia and Andavald - Undir Skyggðarhaldi I guess…

Twas good to revisit Winter. Below The Sun and Šiškin Les was alright. Now Façade similar to Ophis, Moksha is a great introspective song, coming to me straight after Wake Up from the epic Big Lez episode. Hard hitting feels material.

@kurtosisblakeinfini, No worries. :grin:

Elysian Blaze and Andavald are both actually on my list of the top 100 albums of the 2010s.Been a while since I listened to Evoken but I remember liking them quite a bit. I know of P.H.O.B.O.S but haven’t gotten around to them. Will have to check out that album.

1 Like

Holy shit you’re on Metalstorm haha. You might see a familiar lookiing name on there from time to time. :wink: I’ve just finished the number before infinite amount of tabs of suggestions from other peoples 2010’s lists so I was filling gaps. Nhor and Lethe seem interesting so thank you for those rec’s!

Nice use of Theodor Kittlesen and Cubone. I mentioned former previously here once and the latter recently.

Love that theres a death metal scene on the pokemon card forum. Havrnt listened to dm in ages any recs for someone into entombed type stuff? Any good new bands?

Outside of obvious names from the time (Dismember, Grave, Bloodbath, dSEMBOWELMENT) that sound is sorta a primordial thing of the past for what surpassed it in Sweden. There is the cavernous sound that replicates elements of that ‘old school sound’ meanwhile with forward ideas. Dm like with doom generally comes and goes with different trending styles/substances.

1 Like

Indeed! What a funny coincidence. I think that I’ve actually stumbled across your profile on there a few times but had no clue that you would also be here on Efour. :grin:
Nice to see a fellow fan of Kittelsen as well, love his work. :blush:

1 Like