Rayquaza Gold star long term

What are your thoughts on Rayquaza goldstar
in the long run 5-10 years from now?

I’ve always really enjoyed the EX era
It being what I grew up with it’s always been my favorite era by far.

I got back into collecting around late 2021 when a friend of mine showed me his Ex/gold star collection all those cards just bought back tons of memories and nostalgia.

My favorite gold star is definitely the Rayquaza so ever since I’ve been trying to pick one up but with prices being so high I’ve been holding back on purchasing.

But I feel like if I keep waiting it’ll be out of my reach money wise sooner or later I’ve been looking into Psa
8/9.

4 Likes

It’s been a grail since the day it was released. My favorite too, I wouldn’t hesitate. :+1:

7 Likes

Feel free to buy mine :wink:

But in all seriousness it’s probably the 2nd best set card ever

3 Likes

Take advantage of the Modern crap/waifu hype and buy one now

4 Likes

I agree! :grin: amazing illustration by fukuda

1 Like

mudkip is a good one too, best starter. But imo the 2nd best GS is metagross

Treecko is clear

1 Like

I have to go with torchic for best starter :sunglasses:
Yeah metagross is sick🔥

while a single step onto a grassy field would destroy swampert, just about everything else is tanked amazingly

2 Likes

I feel like gs ray has been at a steady 8k usd for a while for a psa 9 , although please correct me if it’s lower or higher

So I’m thinking it shouldn’t get too much higher in a year or so time yet it is a popular card as I do love this card too big time

1 Like

it gets a LOT of shill on auctions too so its hard to price

If you like it then buy it.
Stop making it more complicated than it needs to be.

2 Likes

that becomes a dangerous game with some stuff though.

RIP people buying base unlimited boxes for 25k

6 Likes

Look at the rich Moderator thinking 5 figure purchases aren’t complicated

6 Likes

If you can’t afford it just say that.

2 Likes

After looking at 130 point , it’s showing the last three sales for psa 9 gs ray :

8500 usd best offer accepted

9000 usd best offer accepted

9300 usd best offer accepted

buuuut are they paid for … did they actually sell for that price …:man_shrugging:

These weren’t final bids so maybe best offers are more legit ? If so higher price than I thought

2 Likes

I think the prices are reasonable but from my experience 0 feedback buyers LOVE gold stars!

1 Like

Yeah you make a point for sure lol

Realistically if the purchase is going to stress you out financially you probably shouldn’t do it.

3 Likes

Exactly! I had the chance to pick up a psa 8 early last year for 3.7k but I was overthinking it and passed up on it now people want 5k+ for an 8.:sleepy:
It’s also my first “big” purchase so that has something to do with it