PSA 10 gold star ray

hi guys

im a big fan of this card due to its incredible art work! Its a very pricey card as it is at $7000 price tag Im wondering if this is a massive trace card for the future? and will it continue to rise over time? I think what worries me is that its not wotc and cannot truly be seen as vintage product being produced by nintendo, something tells me the card may not go much higher in the future as its already doing damn well considering being somewhat vintage modern product. I guess i want to know how much of the price tag is hype and how much is organic? any insights would be appreciated :blush:

It has great artwork! Arguably the best artwork out of all. Due to that it will always attract collectors, that plus its a Gold Star and Legendary Pokémon.

Plus pull ratios for it are a pain
one of the best gold stars no doubt.

1 Like

Pwcc identifies rayquaza gold star psa 10 the premier pokemon investment together only with Charizard 1 edition psa 10 and shadowless charizard psa 10. It has a pull around 216/272, that is you have to open 6-7 boxes to find it and the probability that it is a 10 is around 1/4 cause a lot of print line and silvering expecially front edge and right edge in pack fresh. So the current cost to find it from the packs/box would be around 63k dollars (9k a box) and it’s not sure that is a 10 the pack fresh) Also this is the lowest point of pokemon and the box is a mission find one
 6 or 7 is near impossible. The pop is 40 at the moment (-1 that is german ray) but there are easy 5 ray (that i see in photos around this years) that is a an error grade (psa 8 or 9 max in psa 10 case (too much white back edges and corner) so the real pop is araund 33 or something else or less for true 10. it is become an icon pokemon card this is the key point. For me this card have a big future for all this point. Hope that i help you.

4 Likes

GS ray will be epic. Don’t blow off the 7k price tag. Like marco said, it is prohibitively difficult to acquire more GS Ray, and to get PSA 10? Very difficult. I think in general, you don’t see many EX generation boxes available. They rarely pop up, especially Ex Deoxys. I’ve owned several PSA 9s and yes these cards are not the best print quality. If you find a truly gem mint 10 that looks great, I would say this is a good investment piece for the long haul. I would have no problem holding onto one or more.

On top of it all, I think it is a universally liked card because of its beautiful artwork. If anything, It’s probably the most iconic post-WOTC set cards I can think of. The price point also suggests so.

What’s a good price for an unlimited Japanese one?

An Iconic card for sure with a beautiful “shiny” Ray artwork and a low pop that certainly helps the value. It is very similar to the Gold Star Charizard which is also a very iconic post WOTC card. Not many outside of these two cards get that recognition though which is good. Take into consideration that the gold star Ray used to be much more expensive and has dropped in price pretty significantly over the past 6 months so at $7k it actually might be a good time to scoop one up.

For the unlimited I would expect a good price to be in the low $300’s and up to around $400ish depending on the month on Ebay.

PSA 10?

Yes, Japanese GS RAY unlimited PSA 10.

I wouldn’t buy it expecting a ton of growth. With $7k you can buy 1st edition base PSA 10 holos, sealed wotc boxes or mid tier trophy cards. I’d expect those to have better growth, but I may be the minority opinion.

2 Likes

I’d steer clear at that price cause it’s probably going to recede.

2 Likes

Didn’t it just sell for $6k and gold star Charizard for $3.3k?

2 Likes

yes those are the ended prices on PWCC. It all comes down to whoever owns a copy looking at the good side and those who do not own a copy looking at the ‘why don’t I own a copy’ side.

I don’t agree at all. The fact that he closed at 6 does not mean. Now I have offer multiple offer for my blue version that broke the 10k barrier and this is from legit and good collector. It is obvious that after reading: pwcc has links with the chapo,on internet, people tend to stay away from buying from them. I expect a tremendous drop in prices from pwcc.

@marco, there’s nothing to agree or disagree on. The card sold for $6k.

1 Like

I only write why. My english is not perfect, I use Google translate some times. Anyway the mean is: when you read “El chapo” and pwcc and the accusations the problem of price go down for all cards on pwcc (onestly only karp fan about is save this auction and i think because all people know in ig the seller that post that auction every day). Also shadowless is sold for 13k and is the same card sold 15k 2 months ago. The problem is the seller (pwcc) not the card.

2 Likes

@marco, yes I agree that can be a reason why.

Also the ray buyer is the same one he offered under the shadowless. Charizard closed at 10400. Which shows how pwcc collapsed. This is the point. How many people think that 10400 is normal price for shadowless?! :sweat_smile:

Also if you analyze who bought what you will see that 5 people participated in this pokemon auction on cards of 2k or more. They are the same buyers on multiple of this high end cards. (this is a general post not about this tread specifically).