PSA 9 Gold Star Raquaza Price Check

I know one sold for $2,200 on eBay three weeks ago but wasn’t sure if anyone was aware of any private sales or anything? Possibly looking to put in a buy thread for this & don’t want anyone to feel like I’m low-balling.

Thanks!

@mewtuw, I have one of mine listed on Australian eBay for an unrealistically high price, in order to use it as a makeshift barometer. In the last 2 weeks I’ve turned down a couple $2600 USD offers for it. Who knows though, there may be other sellers out there who are willing to sell for less. Personally I’m wanting to hang on to mine and I’m sure many other owners of the same card are in the same boat. Finding a seller actively trying to move one might be tough, but goodluck! :blush:

1 Like

I was offered above that ebay sale and will accept but I do believe it will be higher in the future. If that $22k sale is legit though than I will have to reconsider

1 Like

From what I’ve gathered, it seems that sale was not legit.

What were you offered? I’m thinking $2,500 via PP G&S… I think that’s a solid offer.

1 Like

I would think that 2500 is a solid offer, but even with a great offer if may take a while to find a seller. I think now the price is out of the range of most flippers, long term collectors have most of them. Long term collectors tend to hold cards for longer so finding one willing to let it go will be tough regardless of price.

1 Like

Hey guys, I saw this going around in many posts and wanted to clarify. I’m the owner of that Gold Star Rayquaza in 10. It wasn’t paid for at $23.2k, the highest bidder never had intentions of paying for it.

When he cancelled the purchase, I contacted the second bidder (who will of course remain anonymous), who had made a bid of 22k, and asked him if he was interested. He told me he had spent the money elsewhere and couldn’t afford it anymore. I was hesitant to believe him, but I’m not pushing anyone haha.

2 weeks later talking to a friend in the community, got the knowledge that the second bidder was legit and super frustrated of not being able to get the card, and wished I had contacted him earlier.

So yeah, it wasn’t paid for, but one serious legit guy in the community was willing to pay over $22k for it, and I believe this pwcc auction will result in the one listed for $18k from UK being sold in these next few days.

6 Likes

Im offering 3000€ on a 9 and the best offer I received is 3250€ as of right now

1 Like

It actually led to that listing to just be raised to 27k so… who knows what it will sell for, if it ever sells haha

1 Like

But…he wasn’t willing to pay 22k for it if he didn’t buy it when you offered it to him and hasn’t bought it at 22k since?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it’s clear that auction was messed with and therefore there is not any relevant information on the price we can draw from it. Especially when a similar copy has sat at 18k, regardless of whether it was recently increased. Hopefully this PWCC auction will be free of such issues and will give us a clearer idea on the price.

2 Likes

the 10 copy is already at 13k with 9 days to go. i think conservatively, this card will settle around 16k, possibly going up to 20k+. i think given that price of the 10, a 9 copy is easily north of 3k. the pop on a 10 is just sooo low.

I’m not sure what each of the different copies in question look like, but could the US vs. European versions play a role. I remember reading somewhere that the “US” version of the card (not sure if the actual location determines it but that’s the name) has a slightly out of focus image with less sharp colors whereas the “European” version has sharper printing and better colors. Is this well-known enough that it could affect prices (the difference is extremely noticeable when you see it) kinda like thick vs. thin 1st Base? Or is this idea too out there?

I don’t think the difference will affect the prices. I posted up the difference recently and people are blind and can’t see the difference anyway lmao.

1 Like

I’m interested if still available. PM me

1 Like

You know what I think it was you on Instagram where I read that from lol. I remember now. IDK it seemed really obvious to me but I guess it doesn’t affect interest… I would probably place more value on something like this than a thick or thin 1st Edition stamp but maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

i think they are trying to buy a card and the lowest someone is selling is 3.25k? if i read that correctly.

1 Like

There are not 2 versions of the English Gold Star Rayquaza artwork. Sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine lol.

That is all, proceed with your price discussion :blush:

Yes there is.

2 Likes

Ok but there are 2

https://instagram.com/p/B\_VIQUYgDlI

2 Likes

And here we have the UK version of the Shadowless Charizard, next to the US version. Notice the darker colors and the more defined artwork. /s

It’s just the light/angle you take the picture at. Anyways, believe what you want to believe I guess, I’m probably not going to convince anyone over the internet if their minds already made up.

There are two different arts. For the zard and ray. Not saying it’s “uk” and “us” version, but there are noticeable differences. They do not affect pricing though.

2 Likes