WTB Charizard 1st edition PSA 10

Looking to buy the grail.

Offering 29k friends and family, will fly out if in North America to pick up in person

3 Likes

I wish you luck! The last two sold for $40k and I know a couple people looking to buy at that price as well so just keep in mind people might not be willing to sell. However, you might get lucky and someone could possibly sell their “weak” 10 at that price. All in all, I hope you end up finding it!

Mjisaacs

1 Like

Good luck, I think sub 30k is a dream at the moment though

3 Likes

Your best bet is to wait for an auction but three people on efour were willing to bid $40k on the last auction so $29k won’t cut it.

2 Likes

Just a wild idea, but if you were to fly the seller to you instead, first class, and have a limo pick them up at the airport, that might generate some interest. Get the whole transaction on video, and it would be epic.

6 Likes

Japanese humor just kills me lol.

1 Like

You could do all of that for less than $1,000 if booked right.

1 Like

Its just a starting point - if someone has one, send me a message

1 Like

It’s just not a card you can obtain by hesitating to make a solid offer. Best of luck in your search.

2 Likes

I think it’s a respective offer. Not many people can just throw up offers of 29k for cards :blush: good luck to you maybe add an extra 4-5k and you may get some bites

2 Likes

People still chirping peoples asking prices in sale threads when they don’t even have the card to sell. smh

10 Likes

This man knows how to party.

The only thing I will add is, remember eBay/Paypal takes their share of the final selling price in fees, so those sellers selling for $40k are only taking home $38kish. That could allow private sales to go for a little less than eBay.

1 Like

Maybe 29k + having the seller fly out in first class and have an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas to meet the legendary Charizard collector :wink:

When you make an offer $11,000 under the last 2 sales for the most popular card on a site where multiple people own a copy, that tends to naturally occur.

3 Likes

For a community that makes a big stink about not caring about “the value” of their collections, etc. this is a big problem and hypocrisy in the buying section.

I get it if you’re trying to look out for your cards own interest, etc. but don’t sugarcoat it in a friendly “good luck” post.

People that have no interest in selling at said price should not just come in and completely ruin someone else’s buying thread to benefit themselves.

2 Likes

This site is not a marketplace. The fact there is a buying section here at all is entirely a privilege. People are accessing the highest end of the market, for free. Also, there are high end sites in other hobbies that will outright ban you for lowballing, as it’s a complete waste of time for everyone.

If anything people commenting are bumping a thread. Ultimately it doesn’t matter as no one is selling under 40k. I’ve been working with 2 buyers on E4 alone who are actively looking to buy at 40k. Either way I personally couldn’t care less, I’m simply stating facts.

6 Likes

cullers (who sold one of those 40k charizards) has told me in the past that his fees are capped at something like $200 since he has an eBay Store.

Don’t mean to bump this controversial thread, just thought it was useful information for people to know.

$250 cap for an eBay store, $750 cap for everyone else.

2 Likes