LTB/T Base 1st edition charizard psa 10

Looking for the holy grail of pokemon cards. This year has been very depressing for me as I have had many people in my life pass. 2019 has easily been one of the most miserable times of my life, but I am trying to change that to try and acquire the thing I have wanted more than anything in my life being the 1st edition psa 10 charizard.

Currently have a PSA 9 st edition base I could use for part of the deal if you would be interested, as well as a vast majority of my collection that I am willing to move.
Message me if you would be interested in taking a peek of the collection of cards.

I was honestly looking around the price point of the 30,000 mark. If no cards are involved I can only buy the card if I can pay it off over time. Did my research and I did see 2 copies sell for 40k, however 2 copies also sold last year for 27k. Very hard to put a true value on it as there have been no sales this year to my information. Based on sales last year 30k seems fair, especially considering the seller can avoid PayPal and Ebay fees if we can do a private deal.

Obviously willing to negotiate on the price and payment for this high end item.

Well its not what your looking for but have a *hug* i hope things get better

11 Likes

Two copies selling this year for 40k eclipse any past sales. Until we see a drop in price, you can’t use lower figures sales to justify the most sought after English card in the hobby.

Supply is low, Demand is high. Until that changes, prices are only going to continue to rise.

None the less, good luck on your hunt sir!

3 Likes

As a note, eBay fees cap at $250. Even if you sell a $40,000 card, your eBay fee will only be $250 and not $4,000 (10% of $40,000) as some might expect.

8 Likes

I didn’t honestly know that not gonna lie

1 Like

I just learnt this the hard way that the final value fee cap for a basic store has been increased from $250 to $350 starting June 1st 2019.

pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-spring/marketplace-updates.html

1 Like

On the contrary, sounds like a good problem to have! Haha

3 Likes

I would say at this moment in time $38-45k region is a good starting point

Honestly if someone has one and wants to talk it out I could possibly go that high. Depends on how long they can give me to pay it off/ if they would take cards for part of the payment

1 Like

45k, wowee! we are pushing some high prices at that rate.

Makes lower grades much more appealing.

asuming psa 8, 2.6k USD, one can obtain 17 1st edition charizards that look very mint to the eye for the same price.

It’s such a beautiful thing to be content with lower grades. I have so many 9s in my collection that look equal to my 10s and 8s pushing psa 9+ quality.

6 Likes

I have a psa 9 base 1st atm and I do love it. However the collector in me would do anything for the 10. Recently I have lost a lot of people in my life and have been reminded that life is short.

The Charizard is the possession I have wanted over all others. Definitely feel it is time to get one as don’t care about the money.Your money does nothing while you are dead in the ground.

Have to still stay within my means of course

Not saying it’s the best decision, but one possible option is to take out a small loan from a bank to top up your offer. Most people who would even be willing to sell probably want/need the money right away, otherwise they are better off waiting and watch the price continue to rise. Offering a partial payment or a payment plan isn’t convincing when others might have the money in hand and ready.

1 Like

Would prefer not to if possible. However if that is what the seller wants I could easily do it no hesitation

Considering the trials you’ve been through this year I hesitate giving you bad news, but better than leaving you disillusioned. Your price with those terms won’t bare fruit. Everybody here knows others who would pay 40k today.
Hang in there. Things will most certainly get better:)

5 Likes

The Charizard doesn’t do anything when you’re dead in the ground either. You’re trading one material object for another. I would be careful and make sure you’re not buying the card to fill a void. You could hand me this card for free and I’d be absolutely thrilled, but it wouldn’t help get me through difficult times. You’re best off trying to build positive relationships and activities in your life. If you have the money and find a seller then so be it, but don’t expect owning a card to solve your problems. Best of luck and hopefully things get better moving forward.

14 Likes

Ok guys if anyone is willing to sell one of these to the OP I’m sure you’ll PM him, there probably doesn’t need to be anymore opinions on his asking price the point has been made.

Hope things turn around for you @lizardons good luck with the card.

8 Likes

Yep well Said heck to be able to make a post that you want to buy one and offer a large sum of money is a lot more than majority can dream of haha well me certainly

1 Like

I wish blessings towards you in this hard time. The best is yet to come!

I understand your point in saying you can’t take money with you. I agree that money is to be enjoyed, but not to the detriment of other parts of your life.

As collectors, Pokémon cards are luxury purchases. I wouldn’t recommend using debt to purchase a card. Especially at this price point.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer, just don’t want to see you get into a difficult financial situation.

2 Likes

I hope things look up for you, OP.

Keep your 9 because it’s awesome, and use $5-10k to go on a very nice and long vacation somewhere (assuming you can afford the time off)!! See the world and enjoy its vastness. :blush:

2 Likes