Gold stars still hype or meh

As the title asks who here thinks Gold Stars are still hype or think they’re just too hyped ?

Gold Star Rayquaza is popular yes but will it be popular and liked / recognized as a “grail” for a collection for the possible future ?

I think personally it may keep its status of a beautiful card and grail worthy but you may disagree so would love too hear your thoughts community :innocent:

I think gold star ray is already viewed as a grail by many. Gold stars are not for me but for a lot of collectors they are really important

4 Likes

I know we can’t assume the future but in your opinion do you think that the gold star ray will always be a grail for years too come or it may lose its popularity?

nah. everyone should sell theirs immediately. ex era worst era. sell sell sell

5 Likes

Sell them too you right lol

I don’t know. I collect because the set or card means something to me. The reason I don’t buy gold stars is because they don’t mean anything to me.

No one can tell the future. My best advice is to buy what you like not for gains.

2 Likes

Good advice , I always thought the ray looked beautiful, always loved owning one

I’m sure others here have a much better idea of how cards will do. I wish you the best of luck

for set cards, they pretty much have all the fundamentals to remain top tier pokemon cards forever. Not sure how that could change. Even if every new collector said they dont care about them it would be completely irrelevant to price and supply

2 Likes

I mean you’d have to have a pretty darn good reason to think they’re won’t be beloved by collectors in years to come.

1 Like

Definitely very bad. Super meh. A full art Lillie is better than a gold star Rayquaza by the best objective measure (price). No influencers talk about them and hikikomoris don’t buy them so trash.

Do not buy them.

19 Likes

Possibly being forgotten? 1st Ed Base set being the only real grail set cards people want , ex era fading out of the collectors eye … possibly ?

Maybe only the Ray will hold its place as a grail to collectors while the other gold stars won’t be as much as a want by collectors?

I dont think they all deserve the “grail” status.

But they certainly deserve tcg icon status, or important era status

1 Like

Just sold a GS Mudkip for 8.9k

I hope that answers your question

1 Like

A few burning ember sales before the last light goes out forever on this once magnificent flame.

Nearly all of my best purchases were not exciting at the time of purchase

8 Likes