Rayquaza Gold star long term

100% even as we speak there are over 10 fake auctions going on :sweat_smile:

Should have taken that deal lol.

Even if you can find a psa 8 for 4.5k these days, it a solid deal.

I regret selling mine for penny on the dollar few years ago (even though back then it was the market price but this card has climbed pretty well over the last few years).

1 Like

I’ve been keep track of the 8 a bit more but early last year they were selling in the 3.7k-4.1k range now currently they are around 4.7k-5k

I know bro huge regret and the crazy part is the guy who bought it ended up cracking it and getting a Psa 9 :smiling_face_with_tear: still hurts to this day lol

There seem to be 2 questions here:

• Should I wait on my grail card?
  • What will the value be over time?

To the second question, I can’t really give an answer. It will do better than many cards, but might not do as well as others. BUT Is cost really what matters long term?
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. So, what value you get, is question number 1.

Many many MANY of us have put off buying an expensive card only to find that it has always been out of reach, OR that we should have focused on it first. SO, what I’d say is, focus on getting that grail FIRST. If you REALLY gotta get it, then make it your near-term goal.
Save up.
Tighten the belt.
Whatever you feel comfy doing to make it happen. (Just please don’t sacrifice your health or financials.) But I think a lot of us will give similar advice: Put the little things aside, and start working for the Rayquaza now. And, FYI, I say this as someone who is not personally interested in Gold Stars.

1 Like

Just as a point, psa 10 in japanese is not a whole lot more than psa 9 in english

I prefer how the japanese copy looks

Edit: as a further point, there is also a eu english and american english version. I prefer the eu version if you do choose english, good luck

6 Likes

Thanks for giving me a complete answer!
Yeah cost to me doesn’t really matter in the long run but I’ve just been trying to time the market and buy at the lowest which definitely doesn’t make sense you get in when you get in.

Yeah I’m going to make it happen soon!
It’s truly a huge grail of mine
Im at a good place right now where picking wouldnt be a big deal financially so that’s a plus

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the Japanese ray honestly.
But I am aware of the eu/international print
It’s what I’ve been after since the start but it does make it a needle in a hay stack :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I have a UK ray in the grade range you’re looking for that I need to move due to some purchases I made the other day. Though it is not PSA, If you’re looking to buy one DM me

3 Likes

I message you!!

3 Likes