Ranking All English Gold Stars - Results

Original polling thread

The results are in and it turns out… e4 is very lukewarm on English gold stars. Perhaps a surprising result? Or maybe the standard of aesthetic is set so high in the current era of full arts.

Results below, grouped vaguely by set/pokemon. Each score is an average of ~107 votes each.

Here are the results ranked in order.

Poor Regis sitting with Greninja at the bottom. Kyogre and Groudon also got shafted. Most gold stars occupy a lukewarm position of 7.5ish. Lots of love for the gen 3 starters but Treecko appropriately recognized as a bit of an oddball. Of course, king Rayquaza sitting on top with an IMPRESSIVE 9 average rating.

Anything you find interesting?

20 Likes

Suprised Pikachu is higher than Mew and Latias.

Not suprised everyone thinks Regis are piles of shit.

7 Likes

I’m honestly surprised to see 6 as the baseline, thought it would be lower. Maybe people are like me too, and hardly answer 10/10 on anything. I love the gold stars but don’t think I gave out any 10s.

1 Like

This is regi slander

6 Likes

Interesting to see Espeon rank higher than Umbreon, albeit not by too much. Always thought Umbreon was the more popular Gold Star of the two.

Raikou as the lowest dog, hmm.

1 Like

Flareon :goldstar: rating that low is a hate crime

3 Likes

Thought we were rating the art lol

Regis should not be at the bottom.

Some awful poses like Mew, Mewtwo, Gyarados, Latios, Jolteon and Vaporeon should all be lower.

3 Likes

Considering the average scores, I am happy to see Metagross do well enough to be in the Top 10. I would have also like to see Alakazam in that list, over Mew or Mewtwo.

Great topic overall and some interesting results.

Cheers!

1 Like

I know we started talking about this in the other thread, but I still can’t get over Greninja being that low! Other than that, pretty happy with the order, though I feel like Charizard is carried by the hype and should be lower.

1 Like

Definitely a fun topic! Greninja bottom three?!! Shaking my head…so sad.

1 Like

Really didn’t think the Regis garnered enough hate to be below a lot of less appealing artwork! I do believe Groudon and Kyogre are rightfully seated in the lowest tier; they have wonky poses/proportions

2 Likes

Blasphemy

1 Like

The cats above hoenn legends? What???

1 Like

These ratings are lower than I thought. I thought for sure more would be in the 8-9 range than this.

2 Likes

Not too surprised, Regis are trash. Weird to see the original Eeveelutions not higher.

Yep, my favorite GS is at the very bottom: Regirock. :rofl:
Although tbf, I can understand why the Regis are low, since unlike the Eeveelutions, Rayquaza, Pikachu, Charizard, etc. they’re not the most popular Pokémon. But I personally like the pose Regirock has in the GS artwork, making full use of the extended artwork beyond the artwork borders to give the artwork depth. :person_shrugging:

Not too surprised to see Rayquaza (my 2nd place) at the very top.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I gave Regice 10 (any sane man would), Registeel 8 (considered 9) and Regirock 6. Felt a bit strict really. It’s not because of the Regirock itself, it’s a brilliant illustration, I just don’t like the half-breed shiny colors (looks like a hybrid between regular and shiny) in combination with the very blue background. It’s purely a color issue for me, not illustration.

5 Likes

Even among Regi GS enthusiastic I see my opinion is unpopular, since I ordered them as: Regirock 10; Registeel 10; Regice 8. :sweat_smile:

Ah ok, that makes sense. Some shiny Pokémon colors can be pretty lackluster indeed.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Regice deserves to be between Rayquaza and Torchic, at least

C’mon E4

3 Likes